Thread: The Daily Awful
View Single Post
Gothic Princess
A uni friend is going through the same, we chatted a few nights ago about job hunting and how bias certain fields are. Most companies want folks with experience which is hard for people coming out of studies that don't have it and most only want apprentices that are 25 or under, which leaves me and my friend screwed in getting the experience there.

I have found with most jobs I have gone to interviews for, it's usually, someone else has more experience which makes me laugh, I worked 7 years in a fast food role in the US and there was always a high turn over of staff or I'm a prefect fit but not for the advertised role. That one always confuses me since what role would I be more fitted for?

I kind of expect when most see my qualifications are for the tech field, they probably think I am too overqualified to serve folks, etc. Know one guy says he's been told he's too much of a wise ass to get a role in his trained profession.. but it's like this, you train and get all these degrees then can't break into that career.

I eventually got offered a role in the health care sector which means I will be taking more courses in the future but this means, I can work toward coming like a nurse, etc.

All I can say is, are you prepared to take any type of role out there or able to get help in going to learn new skills? I never thought about going the health care route but I can work on coding, etc in my spare time.

~In Loving Memory:~
To my sister and best friend since Kindergarten - Jenni
To a beautiful soul - Jessica
My Father, Daniel.
To the wise ass on my first day of College - Conor
To the unique bro in law - Eugene
To the one I never got to really know - John

Old Posted 07-26-2022, 04:31 PM Reply With Quote