Thread: Nonograms!
View Single Post
Developer
Another update. Mostly bugfixes, but I added a couple of noteworthy things.

New feature: Help screen. Should be self-evident.

New feature: Drag cancelling. Press Escape on the keyboard, click the right mouse button while mouse dragging, or tap another finger on the screen while touch dragging to cancel the current drag. (This isn't so important in free mode, especially with undo, but it matters in life mode.)

Update: The Z key switches to erase mode in addition to backspace now.

EDIT: Huh. Life mode makes for an interesting challenge. My wife thinks it's actually easier, but as someone used to free mode, having to be more careful about where I mark things is proving to be intriguing. I just solved a 15x15 with no damage -- that is, I never made a mistake.

EDIT: Ack, fixing the page sizing bug introduces a different one -- if the board doesn't fit on the screen, then you can't scroll to see the rest. It's not a problem on mobile because it'll just zoom out, but on desktop... Fixed.

EDIT: Cleared a 20x20 taking 3 damage. One was unavoidable. The other two were mistakes, though one of them MIGHT have been unavoidable in the long run.

EDIT: Next feature I should add: endgame hints. If you've gotten the whole board green, but it hasn't marked it as a win, then it should highlight which rows aren't in the correct final form so you can shuffle around your answers to fix it. Only worth anything in Free mode, I suppose.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 08-15-2019, 10:26 AM Reply With Quote