Thread: Infodumping
View Single Post
Double Rainbow
Default   #5  
Well...

I guess I'll just talk about random stuff on my mind, yeah? :)

I'm watching The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance and it's really cool!
I'm a huge fan of Nathalie Emmanuel and Gugu Mbatha- Raw! AND Helena Bonham Carter!
Funny enough, I didn't know any of them were in this show until I started watching it and I noticed their names in the credits! It's so cool!

I was very surprised by Seladon (who I hated at first) being voiced by Gugu Mbatha-Raw! I love Gugu very much. Every movie I've seen with her in it, it's been amazing! So I was really taken back by her voicing my absolute least favorite character. Nathalie Emmanuel is GREAT as Deet, though!

ALSO! Deep has two gay fathers! ;U; So happy! I absolutely loved that Deet has two fathers, but they mention it in the film very organically. Like, it's no big deal, you know? I HATE it when films and TV shows use gay characters as "token" characters, you know? Like they make it really extra to tell you, "this character is gay" and that's literally all they are. You know what I mean? Like, they don't give the characters a life, they don't give them a point of view. They just go like, 'look at how gay this character is! see?! we're inclusive!!!!'. They do that to black characters and ethnic and religious minorities on TV too and I hate it. My skin color shouldn't define me and a character's orientation shouldn't define them either...

I loved that Deet's family is realistic, they don't make it a big deal that Deet has two fathers. THIS is the kind of representation I like to see in film and television.
"My car it is my life... and like my life it carries me around."

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 09-29-2019, 06:19 PM Reply With Quote