View Single Post
Confused
Heaven
The dingy twin mattress creaked and dipped under Luka's weight as he sat down. The apartment was small, the walls seemed like they were slowly closing in on him. Dirt stained the carpet and he could hear the faucet from the kitchen sink dripping into dusty porcelain. So, this is Heaven?Luka sighed and sunk back into his bed until his upper back was flat against one of the walls. He tipped his head back in attempts to process. How long had it been since he...died? What was his mother thinking? His little sister?

A sudden surge of anger burst through his body and he was hitting his head against the wall, hands clinging tightly to his hair. He felt as though his spine was being crushed by a python and his lungs were swollen from a swarm of bees. Why did this have to happen to me? What did I do? I was good. I still had life in me. I wanted to see the world. I wanted...I wanted--but now it's all gone. Everything is gone.
Hot tears fell down his cheeks and he bit down roughly on his bottom lips. He was trembling from exhaustion and sadness and hatred. Why, why, why?

--

The bar was bustling with life and laughter. Avani liked this side of Heaven; where everyone still held the innocence she longed to have once again. Their smiles and love filled her with an unfathomable hunger. But the boiling sensations that pervaded her chest would not allow her to feel anything so silly.

Avani downed her drink before exiting the bar. Clouds cluttered the abnormally bright sky tonight. She was waiting for the rain to come. For anything to come. But for now, she walked the golden streets, allowing her mind to dive into empty thoughts.
imanASSet
Old Posted 06-05-2018, 12:51 AM Reply With Quote