View Single Post
Bald and loving it!
Default   #45  
Yes.
28: The Cell
Lots of people will bi-pass The Cell simply based on who acted in the film, however the film is one of those underrated classics that I believe is worth the watch. The movie revolves around a psychologist who has the technology to enter into a persons mind. She and her team, then delve into the psyche of their patients. They are given the task of helping a team of police find the the latest victim of a murderer. The story does a lot of interplay between the minds of the characters as they all eventually become connected. Through colorful splashes and surreal imagery, it is revealed why the characters made the choices that he did.

I feel as though there was a lot to this film that people missed and is worth looking at it with a fresh eye. Most of it has to deal with a surrealism in its aesthetics that I do not think many appreciated at the time. It is like Tim Burton, Tarsem's signature. I mean for a horrible example look at Mirror Mirror. The best Example of his work is The Fall. His signature being: bright colors, surreal costumes, dark undertones of the human mind and limits. Well worth the watch.
Last edited by Poggio; 01-04-2016 at 09:25 PM.
Old Posted 01-04-2016, 08:45 PM Reply With Quote