View Single Post
gnometastic
Default Pss, they're not original   #1  
Okay, so, I'm alllllllll excited about all the comic movies coming out this summer. We have Thor, Captain America, Green Lanter, X-men First Class, Preist, Tranformers 3, and Conan. I was recently discussing how excited I was about this with other people and they gave me The Look. Then they proceeded to gripe over 'It's just sad because there's no original movies coming out.'

This of course popped my bubble. And I sorta proceeded to pop theirs, I'm mean like that. In case you've not had a classic literature class most stories are all the same thing, oh there may be a twist, but they're all based on older stories, based on older verbal tales. So yeah, there's really no such thing and an ORIGINAL movie. Just an original take on an older story.

But, I digress! First, is anyone else excited for all these movies? Horrified? Pondering living in the theater to make seats easier to get?

Next, what's your favorite 'original' movie and bonus points if you know what 'base' story it is!

So for me, obviously, I'm super excited for the upcoming summer of movie magic. My favorite 'original' movie...I don't really have one. All the movies I love are based on some copyrighted characters LOL.
I've gone to look for myself, if I should return before I get back keep me here.

beautiful art by littl3chocobo
Old Posted 05-01-2011, 10:53 AM Reply With Quote