View Single Post
Keyblade Master

Since when did reviving a thread become bumping?
I'm seriously confused on which we're talking about now.

A RP forum is much different then just a chit chat forum. You're not really there to make small talk with people or to discuss a topic you think is interesting. You're either in there to post in an RP or to look for people to RP with in your OOC search thread. The only actual discussion that ever takes place in said type of thread are what the plans for the RP is going to be. Then once it's discussed, it's over. Until someone else looks at the thread and says, "hey, I want to RP with you too".

But there are times where even search threads get pushed down either because new ones are made or the forum is fast moving. Reviving the thread is where it comes into play so you can be seen, which is a necessary thing in the role playing forum. You can't find more role players if nobody sees you on the front page anymore and nobody bothers looking past the first or second page. It happens on every avatar site I'm on, so I know what I'm talking about. Every other site out there allows people to revive their OOC search threads because of that very issue of people's threads not being seen. Even if it is just a simple, "bringing this back because I'm still looking for role players" line.

I understand your views on not wanting anything non-discussion related in forums, but there should be an exception too with certain forums such as the RP forum where you know that's not where "every day discussion" happens and where reviving your thread is needed.

All I was really wanting to know what would be the difference between reviving a thread and bumping would be concerning forums where you need to revive your threads for the very purpose of being seen, because the thread being seen is needed.

Because at first you were telling me that it was just bumping that wasn't allowed and how it was never allowed and that reviving your thread and multi-posting would be fine. But then it looked like you were starting to say both reviving threads and multi-posting was now bumping and was against the rules.

Last edited by Sora; 04-03-2011 at 01:17 AM.
Old Posted 04-03-2011, 01:14 AM