Thread: The Daily Awful
View Single Post
Truthwatcher
Default   #2111  
Really hate how my dad assumes that because I was free after 6 last Tuesday, I'm clearly going to be free over a week later at the same time so he totally doesn't need to give any notice that he'll be in town and just expect me to drop everything to have dinner so I can listen to his religious, political, and covid related rantings, his complaining about all the other employees in his department (that he hired in the first place), and his raving about how great my siblings are while discussing me and my life in condescending tones over a dinner where he absolutely judges me for how much I eat. (I once ate a whole flatbread pizza because it was...like the size of a small dinner plate and very thin and was the only thing I'd eaten all day and got to listen to his snarky comments about how I shouldn't have eaten so much.)
Like no. Sorry dad, even if I am literally sitting in my apartment, staring at the wall and doing nothing else, you still need to treat me like an adult and assume that I may be busy and maybe actually ask, at the very least 5-8 hours before attempting to show up, if I am busy or not. I would prefer like 48+ hours notice as it takes a lot to mentally prepare for spending time with him, but just showing up and expecting me to be free at the drop of a hat like some child who still lives at home and has no friends is not okay.
And spamming me with calls and text messages and leaving guilt trip messages is not okay. I will not respond any quicker because of your guilt-trip messages or your voicemails that are literally just you hanging up sometimes with the added bonus of a disappointed sigh.
Last edited by Kaderin Triste; 10-07-2021 at 09:24 PM.
Old Posted 10-07-2021, 09:22 PM Reply With Quote