Thread: The Daily Awful
View Single Post
Developer
Default   #2105  
I don't know if I can do this. I can't keep up with everything on my plate, but I can't drop anything, either. And I don't have anyone I can ask for help.

Not only do I have new job responsibilities at work, but since the school year has started I've also got to take my son to and from school, which eats 3-4 hours per day thanks to traffic. I had to move this summer (*footnote) so I'm still dealing with taking care of the house -- unpacking, finding places for everything, disposing of stuff I don't need anymore, et cetera. And that's in addition to the usual around-the-house work that has to be done; I'm trying to push my son to do more of that as he gets older, but thanks to his ADHD, keeping him on-task takes longer than just doing it myself. My wife has a chronic pain disorder so she's not well-equipped to take very much off of my plate. And just to make it all better, my son's school schedule and my wife's sleep schedule are super out of sync so it's hard for me to get in a proper night's sleep -- most nights I get 5-6 hours -- so that fatigue just keeps building up.

Really don't know what to do.

(*Footnote: Seems I didn't post about it here? Yeah, I rent my home, and the owner decided to sell the property, so I had to move. But I was still recovering from pandemic-related loss of income, and home availability is crap right now, so it was stupidly stressful. And then the property manager that had been nice for the four years we'd lived there suddenly turned into a jerk. :/ So... not a great time.)
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 08-31-2021, 02:22 PM Reply With Quote