View Single Post
Thief of Always
Default   #3  
((Open))

Del sat near the lake edge and watched the sun's rays spark off the low ripples of the water. She looked serene as she opened up the lid of a wicker basket and checked on the egg inside.

"Well Crimson, here we are at Center Lake in Center Park. I have to say it's a nice change from the humidity of Forest Hill."

The egg nestled inside the basket seemed to give a bit of a muffled chirp as a small glow began to radiate from inside her shell. Del smiled and nodded to some unheard voice and patted the softly glowing egg. She noted that it seemed to look like a deep polished cabochon; a gem amongst gems.

"Keep that up little one and someone might want to steal you from me. Although it pleases me that you find this outing acceptable." Delirium turned to the side and rummaged through a worn and patched satchel. Nodded to herself once more she pulled a well read paperback out of the bag and turned to show the cover to the gem-like egg.

"I think you'll find this a fun read, it's a work of fiction, but sometimes deep truths are hidden in the strangest of places." Del winked as she opened the book and began to read.

"Clive Barker, The Thief of Always. Chapter One. '...The great gray beast February had eaten Harvey Swick alive. Here he was, buried in the belly of that smothering month, wondering if he would ever find his way out through the cold coils that lay between here and Easter.

He didn't think much of his chances. More than likely he'd become so bored as the hours crawled by that one day he'd simply forget to breathe. '....
Del let her voice trail off as she fell into a daydream, (a common occurrence to be sure) and petted the egg as she stared off across the Park. The egg trilled and vibrated at the touch and seemed more than happy to follow Del's mind wherever it wandered.
Last edited by Delirium; 12-22-2010 at 10:26 PM.
Old Posted 12-22-2010, 10:00 PM Reply With Quote