View Single Post
Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #41  
“Ah my mum baked them… he makes hundreds of treats every day… big family… and told her that I’d found you after a job gone wrong and took you to a human hospital….it’s the closest i could get without outright lying to her… and she can smell a lie a mile away…” Oliver felt his face heat up a bit before he could push the feelings down.

“Yeah today will not be normal at all.” The shifter said stretching his arms above his head, stretching out his muscles and in a subtle way showing off his ‘guns’ with the tattoos that covered his arms.

"My mum will want to meet you....our family tries to avoid contact with humans as much as possible... so for me to have helped one... she will want to meet that human....hopeful when my dad goes away on a business trip." Oliver said muttering the last part to himself.
--------------
“I didn’t smell anything off… just human over all in the room and the sterile smell of a human hospital….and his blood….” Oliver said with a shrug. “Even with the bandages over the wounds he still smells like blood...like the scent won’t leave him…” Oliver added after a moment when he noticed that Ryan was resisting itching at the bandages. The shifter also knew that wounds tended to smell like blood for a hour or two after they were bandaged, or longer if they were not treated properly.

He sipped at the cola he’s ordered for himself, while he truly wanted some good old booze to give him a buzz Oliver knew that it wouldn't be a good idea… he had to stay sharp. Karla smelt of freshly cast magic… so hopefully she had done something to hide herself with the magic… it was a strange almost not there scent of the magic. Oliver and many other shifters had noticed that magic, to them, had a scent that told more of its purpose then the spell itself. Because you could hide one spell within another to cause harm while seemingly doing good at first.
-------------------
HannaBelle had her flame colored hair up in a loose bun, loose track pants with the universities logo printed along the hips and a fitted teal green tank top, her comfy clothes, ones that helped her to feel relaxed and she knew she would need to feel as relaxed as she could tonight.

She was cooking some food for a light dinner, the spaghetti and chicken where finished now and she was working on cutting up fresh greens for a salad, using some magic to levitate things around when she was doen cutting to get to work on the next veggie.

It was only a few minutes later when she heard the old knocking on the door echo around the house. This was the only one on the block without a doorbell, so the knocker against the old yet sturdy wood was loud and could reach any room in the house.

“Just a minute!” she called out, setting the knife down and splashing water against her hands, patting her hands against her tack pants as she padded bear foot to the door, her heart hammering in her chest. HannaBelle was both excited and nervous to see Karla again.
Old Posted 07-02-2018, 08:09 PM Reply With Quote