View Single Post
Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #37  
“Saw it in a book once… I wasn’t allowed to get more than a glimpse as Granny Tamick noticed that I had the book the spell was in…. She snapped it away before finishing her purchases and we left….” HannaBelle didn’t think she had to mention that the book had been in the black market… the one time she had gone with the older witch.

HannaBelle shrugged. “ People don’t talk about the different way magics feel, like they have the good warm feelings for healing magic… and that tingle up your spine when a jinx or minor hex is used…. Or how a simple smile spell can actually make you feel happier...then again i think most people don’t want to understand how complicated Magic can be… more so if they are human… but I can’t rage to hard on them… my parents are human...and they try their best.” the red head had a smile on her face when she mentioned her parents.
-----------------------
Many meow’s echoed around the old kitchen as HannaBelle moved carrying a few bowls of soft food, feeling the many cats of Granny Tamick was a regular thing now, the older witch was seated at the small kitchen table and sipping at her black tea as her student worked. It was the weekend now and after the ‘incident’ at the Uni yesterday the school though it best to just give their students the weekend off. HannaBelle did plan to pick up her bike today, students who made money with their work would still go to the campus to work.

“HannaBelle, who is Karla?” The question spoken in soft tones made HannaBelle freeze for a moment. Looking at her teacher the older women held the black card with Karla’s name on it between spindle thin fingers. A old black cat with a white spot on his chest was on the table beside the wolf women, looking smug. Salem…. Of course.

Standing up and dusting off her jeans HannaBelle cleared her throat. “ I met her on my way home from the Potion House… she was lost…. Saw her again at the Uni… she wanted to take me out to dinner...that’s where i was last night ….” She knew it wasn’t wise telling to her teacher… but she had promised to omit the book form any telling of last night if she was questioned. Pale blue eyes bore into HannaBelle’s hazel ones before Granny Tamick spoke.

“I see… I would like to meet this Karla…. You have never gone out with someone before… not after Tabitha….and you’ve turned down many offers of companionship…. I want to meet the women who managed to get you out of your shell, if only a bit Little Raven.” The old witch said stroking the head of the black cat who meowed happily his tail swishing.

Nodding jerkily HannaBelle hazel eyes on the cat. “Ok… Salem what have I told you about going through my pantie drawer?” The stroking stopped and blue eyes narrowed onto the cat who blinked in surprise… before becoming passive and hopping off the table.

“I do not know what that boy’s obsession with… delicate are… you should ward your drawers if he is getting into them again Little Raven.” the soft voice of Granny Tamick said and the red headed witch nodded, going about getting her coffee before she popped some toast into a toaster. She still cooked in a human manner, something that Granny Tamick seemed pleased with, that HannaBelle was willing to not take a easy path to get something done was one reason she adored the younger witch.

HannaBelle had not heard her past girlfriends name is years… she didn’t even try to think about the name… it brought up pain...she absently rubbed her hip remembering that drunken night... shaking her head as she sipped at her coffee she planned.

Since Granny Tamick wanted to meet Karla…. HannaBelle would have to call the women and see if she was free any time soon…
-------------------
Oliver was not looking forward to this pick up… he hated these things… what the meat was… at least these shipments… he knew that other creatures needed to eat special… meat… to live… btu still… he’d always thought that at least by now in the modern times that someone would have found substitutes or made a pill that would negate the need for the special meat.

He was in the McDool meat packing plant uniform as he sat in the passenger seat of the truck his dad was driving. The old man really seemed to want to get Oliver more into the ‘family’ business and away from the path that Oliver wanted to strike for himself, away from meat packing and distributing.

The oldest McDool son, a big grizzly shifter, was currently spending a year traveling to sample meats of the world… something that Oliver’s father had paid for with pride in his oldest wanted to takeover the family business one day. The next oldest was a horse that took care of the finances of the business now, and then there was Oliver… the only one who had and was attending a higher learning that would not go hand in hand with his family business…

Magical Creature studies did involve a few months of learning what others eat...but it wasn’t all about that. He was paying for most of the schooling himself with the money from his shifts at the plant.

“We’re almost there my boy. Keep a flat face, if they give you lip just growl… or flash your eyes that tends to freak them out.” HIs father said his own eyes flashing blue, they pulled up to a average looking warehouse that smelt like death… and it turned Oliver’s stomach.
---------------------
The pick up had gone well enough, the packaged of meat had been loaded into the McDool truck with ease, papers signed and hands were shaken. Now back at the plant Oliver was off loading the meat for the others to process and pack for shipping.

Once he was done and his shift over he hurried to get himself in the shower and clean himself, he quickly texted Ryan letting him now he would be coming by the hospital to see how the human was doing, he’d even bring some of the cookies his mom had made that afternoon.

His hair was still wet as he hugged his mom and took the paper bag she handed up to him, his car moved smoothly on the roads towards the human hospital. He grinned at the nurses who blushed a bit, more friendly then the ones last night, he found his way to Ryan’s room and he knocked on the door.
--------------
After getting dressed HannaBelle called Karla from her cellphone. “My teacher wants to meet you…. One of her cats found your card, thought he’d get me in trouble the smug bug…. Any time you're free if fine… Granny Tamick doesn't leave the house much any more.” HannaBelle’s voice was uncertain… like she wasn’t sure that Karla would want to hang out again… as she spoke her hazel eyes landed on a old picture above her desk against the wall, a human with brown hair and blue eyes, was laughing as the picture had been taken, and wrapped in the human's arms was a younger HannaBelle, with a short bob of red hair and wearing a cat ear headband with a embarrassed flush on her freckled face.

Heart clenching before she told herself to breath as she waited for Karla to speak.
Old Posted 06-22-2018, 10:31 PM Reply With Quote