View Single Post
Posty McPostsALot
Default The Otaku Parliamentary Debates (Now Open to Topics)   #1  
Based of of this thingy: http://www.anime-expo.org/programmin...entary-debate/

Parliamentary Debate is a strictly logical debate, with little to no prepared evidence (correct me if I am wrong) with 2 debaters on each side (that is the Proposition and the Opposition).
On this forum, if you choose to participate, you will debate a given topic for the amount of time represented below, however, instead actually saying your speech, you will be writing it. The other side, in return. Gains an extra two minutes to interpret and write out what they want to say, added on to their original two minutes. You should try to have at least 1 third party judge (that is, not on the pro or the con side.

Timing:
Topic given: (2 mins prep)
First Proposition Constructive Speech 7 minutes
(2 mins prep)
First Opposition Constructive Speech 8 minutes
(2 mins prep)
Second Proposition Constructive Speech 8 minutes
(2 mins prep)
Second Opposition Constructive Speech 8 minutes
(5 min prep to prepare)
Opposition Rebuttal 4 minutes
(3 mins prep)
Proposition Rebuttal 5 minutes

Advise for judging:
1) Don't Be bias. Debate is hardly about personal opinions and is always more about seeing both sides of an argument, both sides of a story.
2) There are many ways to judge a round. It's not always about who exactly "won" each argument.
3) Take time to think.

Now have fun with it!

On Topic Submissions
1)PM your ideas to me.
2)Make sure that the topic is debatable and general. (Two examples of Bad Topics: 1.Bleach should've ended a long time ago. <-Not general enough 2.Manga and Anime are Awesome. <- Not Debateable)
Last edited by Funkduder; 05-21-2011 at 02:57 PM.
Old Posted 05-21-2011, 05:23 AM Reply With Quote