View Single Post
Queen of Typoes
Default   #77  
ah, yes, LKHamilton. i read Anita and Merry religiously. i've read all of both of them, with the exception of the most recent Anita - Crimson Death (it came out in October of 2016 (thanks wiki!)). it's #25. and yes it did get to be "let's see how many times she can have sex in 300 pages" and not much plot.

my understanding of it (along with some of LKH's blog posts that i'm remembering) was that some time ago, her publisher basically said that her characters were a bit tooo much erotic (? maybe. something like that) - so.... LKH introduced a plot device that needed sex to work (the ardeur) and that's what she continued to write from that point onwards.... so i don't think it's just you, Kaderin.

the biggest reason i didn't read Crimson Death was that it's a HUGE hardback book. the other reason was that out of the 720 pages (thanks Amazon!), about only 100 of them would probably be plot. now, i'm okay with a smutty novel or two, but -- and like with Kenyon also -- i'm starting to want more diversity with my plots to be honest.

Kenyon's novels aren't all that smutty, but she keeps using the same formula ad nauseum... but i still keep reading 'em. XD

currently reading: Cold Curses by Chloe Neill (#20) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
dragoncave | magistream | ravelry | faenaria | goodreads
snap / insta / discord ~ trystan830 | she / her / hers
~*~*~
"you are some kind of like 20th level string witch" ~Mekatra
"You're the highest level string witch I know too" ~ZenKitty
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Last edited by trystan830; 01-02-2018 at 10:41 PM. Reason: clarification and typoes
Old Posted 01-02-2018, 10:35 PM Reply With Quote