View Single Post
Two Fish
Seven remained mostly silent, besides the occasional puff of a cigarette. Then he said - "More stimuli..." He sucked in the words, examining them. He finished up Engel's shoulder after a few sparks and the bvvvv of the power drill and soldering. He had to wonder if Kastos' lab assistant was Soot. Soot worked closely with Seven on Kastos' original engineering team. But of course, Kastos probably managed many others after them.

The truth was that Soot had been tracking loose cannons like Engel all over the map now. She'd helped disable a few in the past, but now there were so many and some were learning how to hide. Kastos was still producing machines somewhere, hidden even to the FBI. But Soot was doing her best to figure it out. Her arm was taken out by a malfunctioning robot, along with a chunk of her torso. Both areas were replaced with metal skin and robotics. Her parts were onyx colored, perhaps to match her nickname.

Short, red hair whipped around her face as she waited outside. Her ear was to the ground through a microphone. She was sure that there was illegal machinery nearby. Working for Kastos had taught her many things, including the unique frequency to which her machines vibrated. It was tough to catch, but they generally also had a pattern so she could tell how far away they were and how well they were functioning. She sat inside of a hovering bus, reading the script feeding onto her screen. "13777" She muttered. Two figured beside her nodded and opened the back door without speaking. Soot remained at her post as they both left, fully loaded.

Seven closed up Engel's shoulder, the sound of it sealing quite satisfying. "Now that we're finished, I'll find you a place to stay... For the time being." He began walking through the isles of half built machines and chimera weapons. "There's a charging station back here." He pointed to the left corner of the warehouse of a basement. "And these tables sink down a little bit if you want to lay down." He patted on a table, the metal echoing through the basement. "Not sure how human she tried to make you, but if ye need blankets or a pillow, I s'pose I can figure something out." He scratched the back of his neck, feeling his hairs raise.

For some reason, he felt like someone was watching them.
Old Posted 01-14-2018, 03:30 AM Reply With Quote