View Single Post
Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #69  
“They said something about a boss… that’s what Ian used to call his old partner when he was working….and they called my brother a ginger rat….They broke into our apartment and are pissed that they found it empty.” The young blond said hugging his knees to his chest as he spoke. “I don’t know much about Ian’s old partner… he won’t tell me more then the man is a bastard….and not to be trusted no matter how sweet his smile may seam.” Tristan added after a moment as he pushed blond curls out of his face.

“Mavrik knows what i look like… i met him a couple of times when he and Ian were together… I don’t remember what he looks like though.” the young boy said after a moment or two.

“I’m not good with orders… but I’ll stay quite…s’what i’m good at any way.” there was a small smile in the boy’s voice at that. Tristan let out a breath that he’d been holding as he had spoken to Taka and Aren, Ian wasn’t doing to good, by the pinched expressions his older brother had Tristan could tell he was having a nightmare…

The small blond boy didn’t think he’d be able to wake Ian at this point...and he faintly remember that Ian had told him once that it was better to sleep through a sickness. When Tristan had gotten his first spore fever just before they’d made it to this city Tristan only remembered sleeping a lot and being very hot… so hot that he’d striped himself down once, only to have Ian dress him again and wrap him in a ratty blanket before huddling behind him.
--------------------
Deep in the hospital a sleeping giant groaned, a bloater lumberd down the halls in the deepest parts of the hospital, the rain outside not a bother to the beast that was once human. After the first 6 years of infection giant tumors filled with a wet spore filled substance grew from the body, the eyes covered with fungal growth just like the Growth that where more deadly than freshly turned humans.

It rumbled with a dead voice, as if knowing it’s space would be intruded on, by more than just one human… it would feast soon.
--------------------
Ian was in his worst nightmare… the city had been invaded by the infected… and Mavrik had found him…. And Tristan… the sick man was torturing the young blond boy while dream Ian was bound, unable to do anything as Mavrik than just a infected human attack the small blond boy.

Lifeless blue eyes stared up at Ian before the body began to twitch. ‘No!NO!’ Ian was shouting in his nightmare.

In the real work he was panting and shaking with fever even as Tristan kept up with the cool clothes on his forehead, using the old ones to mop up the sweat that was pouring off Ian. “Please hold on Ian…. please.” Tristan pleaded to the closed eyelids of his brother.
--------------
Back out in the city Marv’s men were finished dumping the bodies and had chosen to take the route back that was closer to the hospital, the boss had said to check the long route back for anything, when one of their usual crew had asked what exactly he’d gotten a bullet to the hand for his trouble.

No one questioned the Boss… not even on small things…

“Keller said he caught a glimpse of a big one in there… suicide to even think about salvage in there… boss shot him point blank… still trying to find someone to head a team in there…” One of the group said cracking his knuckles.
Old Posted 09-03-2018, 12:57 AM Reply With Quote