View Single Post
Weaver of Webs
As the conversation was unfolding around her, Magali took to the cupboards. She opened each cupboard individually, gazing at the contents, shutting them softly and moving on to the next one. Her mind was reeling with the possibilities of even this meager collection. She was used to more options when she was given the chance to cook, having been forced to learn the wealthy cuisine and tastes, but she was sure she could make something tasty out of what they had here! She didn't even look at the few MRE's that had to be for the pilot's solo hours awake. She and Nokra had already had too much of that. Or really just what they could find cheap.

Mendez chuckled, wearing a sheepish grin, keeping his attention on the felis, “Well, that's complicated. Like. Really complicated, and I'm not sure I know all of it, amigo. As you guys know, Fikri was a former sex slave. I don't really know how Rosalind met him, but he claims she's his savior so I'm guessing he's the oldest member on the ship. Him, Rosie, Riola—the uh, full Edensian—and Atrix (the spider-lady) were already on the ship when I um....joined...I'm gathering that Atrix and Riola are customers, but he started macking on the pilot, so I'm not really sure what he is anymore. Atrix kinda kidnapped me as a snack, decided I looked tasty by means other than ingestion and here I am.” As he talked he kept his eyes mostly on Nokra, noting that Magali would join in on the conversation when she saw fit.

Magali sort of hummed as she now retrieved what she wanted to from the cupboards, “To think this could be part of my every day life~!” She pulled the chair up to look in some of the higher cupboards, thankful for Nokra's assistance, retrieving a small container holding some sort of blue powder, giving it a shake and a satisfied smile. “Gotta have the seasoning!” She was excited, obviously, her ears working like satellites swerving to pick up the conversation as she worked. “Because I think now more than ever he needs a friend. Besides, he probably just assumed we'd make our homes here. The ship's layout isn't difficult to figure out...”

She began dumping ingredients into a bowl, stopping to close one eye and crouch down next to the concoction for the slightly more intricate steps. When the apparent needed ingredients were loaded together she began to beat it making what appeared to be some kind of batter.
=-=

“No...no. I only use it sometimes. It's not permanently on or anything. I promise,” Fikri's eyes followed Riola's down to the pyramid, snatching it up and pocketing it with one hand and taking Riola's with the other. He bowed his head trying to keep himself together, his breathing ragged. Through the nose, out the mouth, through the nose, out the mouth... He could almost hear Vail's voice, her soft, meditative voice coaxing him back to sanity. It was ironic, then, that it was that same voice pulling him in the opposite direction.

Fikri looked up at his haggard friend. He wasn't the only one on the ship experiencing problems. That poor princess had the beat in, Rosalind hadn't slept in forever in order to get the crew to a safe place, Mendez was pretty much dead on the spot, Riola....he'd lost friends. A lot of friends, and he was only able to witness the bloody aftermath, unable to do a thing about it. He brought his arm up to pull Riola in for an embrace. “We'll get her back. At this point, we have to. For Vail. For your cell. Viora was one of your own from the start, yes? She'll know the codes to get into the different communication channels, where you guys meet, everything. The best we can do is alert those that are still alive to lay low for a few days. Cease all communication and abandon the bases. It'd keep more from dying, the way I see it.”

He shook his head, wanting to start now. Wanting to help the RevolucĂ­on now. “We can't let more of us die, Riola.”

He lifted his head, a grin on his face, “You don't have very much faith in the guy do you? I give him two. I mean, he's pretty likable and he's lasted this long, yeah?” His ears perked, and he hoped that the man would make it further than that. Mendez was a good guy, nice and laid back. Maybe too laid back. He wondered if Mendez ever considered that the chances were not in his favor.

Fikri groaned, “Yeah. But I'm not gonna lay down for the guy, or seek to socialize with him. He's needlessly been a dick since I freed him. I don't know if he's posturing for Magali or what, but I don't know how much clearer I can make it to him that I'm not barking up her tree. He can have her. I'm not ready to move on yet.”
=-=

Ashi pursed her lips as Hyun prattled her long list of non-allies. With each item that others wanted Hyun for, Ashi looked a little more dejected. “My father has already published I'm dead. I'm sure of it. He's not going to announce to his entire military that I'm not to go on a goose chase for me.” She kept her eyes on Hyun though, thankful for a sight so pleasing and happily not her arm or shattered kneecap. “But, sticking to the gutters is probably the safest bet here...” She sighed, also wanting to disembowl her family, or, at the very least, her father.

She closed her eyes, reveling in the fact that the sofa was potentially one of the most comfortable she'd ever been in and grunted when she went to prop herself up using her good arm. She liked the bio-pools idea. She'd never needed to go there, having never been injured before due to a cushy palace life, but she'd heard of the medicinal wonders they provided. “I can put in the ten thousand I brought with me in my bag....but that only pays for a tenth,” Ashi murmured, looking down abashed. She wished she'd brought more.

She brightened, blue eyes fixed on her girlfriend, “We should go visit. We could lay low there for a while, avoid my home planet. We could look at it as a vacation!” She cleared her throat, “I mean, we don't have to. It might seem too obvious to hide out there. But I would like to see it sometime.” She wanted to see what Hyun considered home. What she considered comfortable. Right now, Ashi was the epitome of comfort, lounging in the seat, grunting as she leaned forward to grab the comic. “Zi Adventures: The Dead Hand...Doesn't Zi meet her girlfriend in this one?!” She bit her lip. It was one of her favorite issues. Even if this was a second copy, it felt wrong to mar it with her bloodied hands. Well. Hand. Comic in hand, Ashi didn't sink right back into the couch. Seeing Hyun move closer, she leaned on her biting back a shit-eating grin. Could it be that she was actually cuddling with her girlfriend?
Old Posted 10-10-2017, 12:54 AM Reply With Quote