View Single Post
Weaver of Webs
Default   #25  
Magali pressed her lips together at the thought of double crossig their savior. It didn't feel right, and it showed by her wilted ears and furrowed brow. “I...I don't think we should take anything from him. M-maybe Rosalind would take you as a second pilot?” Her hand around Nokra's squeezed a bit tighter, seeming to say anything but that. Aside from Nokra, he was perhaps the one other person in the world to show her any kindness.

She blushed perking up a little with Nokra's compliment and she looked up at him from the tops of her eyes, “You really think so?” She did try to do what she could with them, but it wasn't as though she were working with top of the line ingredients. Mush, and sometimes if they were lucky they had stew, was mostly it. Ocassionally, they'd have stale bread. “I never got to try the cakes I made. My first master told me that I was never to partake unless my master bid me too. So, she had me make a cake and then ate it in front of me.” She sighed, inwardly reminding herself that those days were over. She could remember how the smell had hypnotized her, even as she was mixing the batter. It became tantalizing once it was in the oven and started to bake; watching her former master eat the warm cake in front of her was just a cruel exercise.

But she would take that over the other punishments any day. To think that at one point she'd tried to resist. That was pointless; she learned that quickly, at least. She peeked her head into the kitchen where Mendez had several ingredients out humming when he turned to face the pair coming in. “Ay, amiga, you guys settling in alright? Was just getting ready to start dinner, unless you don't like Edensian.”

Magali colored looking first at Nokra and then to Mendez, “Uhm, well? We were uhm...wondering if uh...I can maybe cook?”

Mendez brightened and gestured to the cupboards, “Have at it. Should I make food for just me then or are you cooking for all of us? Because I was thinking of taking some to the gato. I thought I heard him moving around in there, but I'm pretty sure Rosalind and Riola are sleeping.”

“I think we're way past any of those options,” Ashi said chuckling, “But, you know it's more than that too, right?” She had to crane her neck a little to see her girlfriend, but she made it a point to look at her to show that she meant what she said. Her good arm she had tucked in, the one that was obviously broken laying limply on top. She wouldn't be fidgeting with her hands for a while. She was thankful she hadn't seen her leg yet.

She turned her attention back to Shaldag smiling, the normal Ashi seeming to peek back through the thickest of clouds, “Well, thank you. I will make it up to you. I can make it in here, I promise. I can.” She wasn't sure at this point if that was more for him or herself, or maybe for Hyun who was lingering close by.

Ashi drank in the quiet that was in the halls leading to the suite. Now, even the din of the club seemed to disappear behind them, and in the silence even their footfalls could be heard. “It looks like the graffiti gives it character though,” she mused, looking at all of the different scrawlings, “What do they say?'

The suite was what Ashi was particularly excited for. So this is what a room looks like that Hyun would be comfortable in. Of course she saw the stack of comic books first hand. Hyun had disclosed that she was a private fan at their date, and it was now doubly obvious that she wasn't make it up. Then, her gun should have been proof enough. “Your room is lovely, Hyun,” Ashi said with hushed tones, “When I can get up and move around maybe we can read comics together.”
Old Posted 10-02-2017, 03:43 AM Reply With Quote