View Single Post
Barrel of Monkeys
Nokra was led by an eager Magali out of the room. Their room. And into the ships halls once more, the Felis just happy in general to have her hand around his. It was cold, but at the same time it at least it warmed his soul when she was touching him. “We’ll find something to do at least. Or we can do it better than the other Felis, and make the job ours. I mean, it’s dog-eat-dog in this world. Might as well stake our claim if we need it.” Nokra said with a small shrug. Granted, Magali probably wouldn’t be down for such acts. But it was dire. No food or money for things was the name of the game, and Nokra was intent on living.

“Mags, c’mon now. You managed to cook up scraps that our masters gave us into being edible. You can probably do wonders with real food, right?” Nokra said with a small smile, before turning the corner into the kitchen door with her and itching his head. One after another, small things relating to freedom began to start appearing. He could eat what he wanted now, when he wanted. Without the fear of reprisal from his masters. The thoughts of what he wanted swirled around his head like a vortex, until an image appeared in the eye of the storm that was his mind. “Yo, Mags. Think you can make a cake? Like, a chocolate one? I saw people eating it all the time, and I always wanted to try it.” He admitted, twitching his ears for a moment. “…Fuck, gotta ask someone what we can make first.”

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Riola took a few steps back as anger began to fill the room again. Fikri seemed more volatile than ever, and quite honesty? There was worry. Worry that anger would eventually be taken out on him. The Edensian sighed. There was only so much someone could take before they pushed back, and considering he was involved in what triggered all of this? He was a target just as much as Viora at this point in time. “Bad omen, yeah…” Was all he managed to mimic as he rubbed his neck and let out a deep exhale.

“I’m not saying you’re hallucinating or anything, Gato. This kinda thing happens to a lot of people. That’s why it’s a superstition.” Riola said, trying to talk some sense into the Felis before he went off the deep end with this whole Ghost Ping business. “Fuck’s sake, Gato, you need to calm down before your mind whips itself into a frenzy. You’re gonna dwell on this, and it’s not healthy.” Riola continued, taking a breath and stopping for a moment, with a raised brow at the mention of ‘Fucking Edensians.’ And bit his tongue for a moment. The topic of cloning was something that wasn’t ever really…Talked about with Non-Edensians. “Oi, cabron. Leave the cloning out of it. That’s the way we reproduce, and we don’t do much other than that when it comes to things, Gato.” Riola hissed, perhaps a little more defensively than he should have. “…Shit, sorry, sorry.”

The mention of the other two was at least a little bit of a repieve from the topic at hand, and the Edensian looked back before snickering. “Don’t like the male one? Why? You eyeing the female who came aboard? Just kidding, gato. She’s a nice thing to look at though. Not as pretty as Rosalind, but hey. Sure beats staring at Hyun’s pink tits, and…I don’t even know what Atrix has under that suit. Well, I do, but they’re nothing special I suppose.” Now that she wasn’t on the ship, and he was sure he could get away with it? He’d rank on Atrix a tiny bit, if only to try and cheer up the Felis.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

“I would hope I’m pretty or something. Otherwise you’re just fuckin’ me for my money or to stay alive, Ashi.” Hyun-chu snorted, leaning against Shaldag like he was a fence post, the larger man simply grunting and nodding towards one of the doorways. “I’m ready to leave. This music gives me headaches.” He murmured, looking down and doublechecking Ashi, before adjusting her once more, and rebracing his feet. The girl didn’t weigh much to the Ogrunu, but sitting around lugging a body was beginning to get irritating, and Hyun sighed, before patting the man on the back. “Shit, well everyone stop the fuckin’ worlds and moons. Shaldag is annoyed.”

“If I wasn’t holding your crippled girlfriend I’d put you through a wall.” Shaldag huffed, before looking down at Ashi and nodding slowly. The pain and it’s struggles were always there. Like an old, tired, best friend. “It’s a constant. I’ll live. You’re already broken because of me. I can endure the pain for you.” Nearly stumbling when Hyun-Chu pushed herself off of him, Shaldag ground his teeth for a moment; the grating noise audible through his mask as Hyun began to guide them towards her room. Shaldag was watching Ashi, if only to see her reaction when she would get to Hyun’s room.

The way to Hyun’s suite was quiet, much more quiet than the backrooms that still got the vibrations and dull bass of the club it was next to. The tunnel seemed more reminiscent of something out a military-industrial complex down here; Warning signs in Galactic Common pointing towards the storage of weapons and other surplus gear, along with various musings spraypainted over them; Hyun stopping at one of them that read something in Chuzizian before frowning. “Sons of bitches. I should have never taught them how to write that. They spray that shit everywhere like fucking dogs now.” She mused, rubbing a head tendril and then stopping at a large bunker door; the Chuzizian pulling it open.

Hyun’s suite? Was rather cozy, the small comforts of Chuzizian life all around. From a large tank of water with multi-colored eels that seemed to swirl around like a vortex, to various paintings and vases with the plain, geometric designs of her people. The room they arrived in was something akin to just a living space. A large, plain leather couch was set neatly in front of a bunch of telecom slates, and near a small lounge was a stack of comic books; a crumpled dress where a pillow should have been.

“Home sweet home. Don’t go in the bedroom, Shaldag. I think I left some shit you don’t wanna see in there.”

“It wouldn’t be the first time you left a sex toy in plain sight.”

“…Fuck off.”

=-=-=-=-=

Toka paused for a moment, and kicked at a rock, before she heard a small whistle, the girl peeking over towards two redheads, before she cocked her head to the side and trotted over there for a moment. The pair seemed to be twins, or at least really similar, right down to the clothes they were wearing. “Oi! Howdya guys do? I don’t think you can squat here though. Hyun hates people in the alleys.” Toka beamed, her brand forming into a smile before the Edensians looked at each other and then aimed their guns at the plasma-based being.

“Esta perra no está basada en carbono. Congelar y disolver.” One of them said in a hushed, frantic tone, the other one nodding for a moment, before opening fire, a wave of energy hitting Toka right in the chest, before she dropped to her knees and let out a small wail. Bullets? No. Bullets had never done something like that to her before. It felt like whatever they had used simply ripped her plasma out from her body and replaced it with something much more colder.

“H-holy shit! Please…Please don’t kill me! I didn’t mean it, you can sit here as long as you want!” Toka pleaded, trying to pull out her own pistol; the little ball of fire getting it out of her holster and half-raised before another shot from the Edensians was produced; Toka watching in horror as her hand simple dissolved and sizzled into nothingness. It was a dream. All a horrible dream. She was gonna wake up and Hyun was gonna be laughing because she drugged the poor girl. The thought rang in her head over and over, as one of the Edensians aimed one last blast at her head…

‘It’s not a dream. This is it, Toka…Shaldag…I’m scared…’ Was the last thing to flow through her head before the pull of the trigger; Toka slumping down and simply fizzling out like water on a hot pan; one of the Edensians stepping on smoking clothing, before pressing a comm against her ear and taking a breath.

“En posición. Relé a la nave cuando llegue que estamos listos para las órdenes de Viora.”
Old Posted 10-01-2017, 09:21 PM Reply With Quote