View Single Post
Barrel of Monkeys
Nokra could spend eternities just looking at Magali when she was beaming. It was a total opposite from how masters in the past had handled her being around. From a drugged-up zombie to something lusting for more of the beautiful sights and tastes of freedoms. It was a zest for life that made Nokra want to keep on going and enjoying everything as well. Though it seemed his joke about the Terskix got her in a bit of a worry. Playing it off the Felis shrugged a shoulder and waved his hand at the mention of all those thoughts, despite the hairs on the tips of his ears standing up, and his breathing picking up a little. “Good thing I guess. Can only hear so much of it, before it kinda turns into a pretty black joke all the time, right? At least I managed to avoid going full-cynical in there. Thanks to you.”

Magali’s request made Nokra stop in a pause for a moment. Stop fighting. It was something that he never thought he’d ever hear in his life. Slowly looking down towards his hands, his mind flashed for a moment; the two limbs soaked in the red of various people and beasts, and then when he blinked, found them clean once more. Drifting his attention towards Magali, Nokra itched his neck and drooped a little. “…What else do I have to do though, Mags? I didn’t really get much along the lines of training for when I was free. Can’t do much other than throw myself into a fight.” He murmured, before sucking his teeth – A small ping of jealousy hitting him. Magali could do so much, and him so little. There was always a slight tinge that made him angry over such things. He wanted to learn how to paint. How to cook something a little more refined than just hanging a hunk of meat over a fire and praying it was cooked properly. The thoughts escaped and Nokra narrowed his eyes, looking down the hall. “They better not want to. I’ll kick their hairless asses. And yeah, you’re right. The big guy seems different. Maybe he wants to bang dudes. Or other machines… Besides, got Edensians on this ship. Space-Skanks of the universe, from what everyone else says.”

Once they were in their room, it was like the newest chapter in their life had officially begun, and Nokra’s face stretched into a small smile, watching Magali throw herself onto the bed, Nokra inching himself over towards the table, and hopping up to plant his butt on it. “This…This is pretty cool, yeah Mags. I can’t think of anything else that would be a little better, other than the fact we can go get food whenever we want now. Speaking of, once you’re done flopping on the bed, I’m gonna bother that Mendez bloke and see if we can snag some of his food for us. Unless you wanna cook something, Mags.” There was a happy glint in his eyes, like he was banking on Magali saying yes, and Nokra kicked his legs and swished his tail like a Felis kitten.

==-==

Fikri’s door opened, the sight and flash of red hair, and a pale-looking man staring towards the Felis with a tired, shaken look in his eyes. Riola pursed his lips for a moment, and then inched his way into the room, before closing the door and pressing against it. “Oi, Gato…Did…I need you to answer me on something, and please please, hermano…” Riola began, frowning for a moment, and making sure Fikri wasn’t going to lunge at him the moment he opened his mouth to continue speaking. “You didn’t…Just hear Vail either, did you?” There was an gallon of concern in his tone of voice, and flashing his eyes over towards the pyramid, moved over towards the Felis, crouching down to face him with a sullen look on his face.

“…Figured it’s time to help you out, and give you a bit of what I know as well. Especially if Vail is hurting that bad when we just hear ghost pings.” Riola said with a sigh, before looking over towards the pyramid. Riola knew it let out emotions, but the thing felt hollow to him. Small pings and waves that simply faded into nothing the moment it arrived. “The girl who shot Vail. I know her. The issue is we’re not going to have an easy time getting to her. Considering, well…I learned most of what I know from her. She used to be a rebel like me.” Riola said, closing his eyes and frowning. “Guess the Edensians finally started getting to her. She went rogue…Well, rogue to us rogues, and joined the Queen’s special divisions. Counter-Terrorism and all that shit, Gato.”

Riola began to vent out everything he could. If Fikri was hell-bent on revenge, the Edensian wasn’t in good conscious going to let him storm off without any information he could give him. The burden of responsibility for everything. Vail. The people sucked into his struggle. The ship and the fact he also sucked Fikri’s best friend into this little war? Riola’s shoulders would bear as much as possible when it came down to it. “I just can’t watch all of you die, gato. I know you’re hurting. I know we’re putting all of us at risk. Tomorrow once we’re spaceborn, I wanna…I wanna hit them back. Do something as revenge. I know a few military installations where Viora could be. Or where here work is. We can hit that pendeja back. For Vail. I just…I just need to know that when the time comes, you won’t do anything brasher than needed. Just get in. Bomb it. Get out. Comprende?”

==-==

“I didn’t break your leg -that- bad. You’ll walk again. If I wanted to make sure you were crippled, the leg would be gone.” Shaldag said rather defensively at Ashi, the man’s poor attempt at a joke. Still, his own irritations from a lack of painkilling fluid coursing through him was beginning to set in. Massive amounts of augmentation were agonizing enough. Added to the fact most of his came from rather scrupulous sources and streetdocs (Thanks Hyun) only made things worse. “But ride the waves, yeah. You’ll at least be weaned back into the hurt. This stuff doesn’t cut out for people small like you hours after you give it to them.” With that, Shaldag looked over towards Hyun, and pursed his lips. “Should hire the Pyra again. Get her to a planet with better doctors. Hazoo ain’t exactly the best place for treatment, unless we wanna sell off half of your guns for one of the other gangs to let us use a hospital.” Shaldag said, Hyun’s brow furrowing.

“Ain’t fuckin’ selling half of my shit for one of the Triads or other Syndicates to throw her in a room and hold her hostage while they gut out her kidneys. Yeah, we’ll fuckin’ hire the others again. Not sure what I can pay them now. The ship was huge enough. Maybe I can bully the pyra into a free ride or something. Or…” Hyun paused for a moment, and then pressed a hand to her chin, the look on her face drifting slowly towards Atrix, who narrowed her eyes, and clenched a set of fists.

“Don’t try anything, Hyun.”

“Fuck, you act like being a fake hostage is gonna be bad!”

Atrix hissed and shook her head. “Just ask them normally, you deranged, magenta-skinned whore. It’s not like Rosalind is gonna say no. We’ve practically walked all over her. I just don’t have to eat her and I get a ship-ride with Mendez. At least until I can circumvent getting my own ship back.” Adding emphasis on her own part the Terskix moved over towards Hyun and straightened up, the already tall, spider-esque woman adding a few inches in height over Hyun-Chu, who shied away for a moment.

“Fuck’s sake, Atrix. Stop acting like a fuckin’ cunt. I’ll ask all properly. Shit, I’ll ride her fucking boyfriend too, considering I have to act like a fuckin’ proper girl according to you.” Hyun snorted, and looked towards Shaldag, and then towards Ashi. “…Let’s just get Ashi over here into my room, along with your mechanical ass. I’d invite Atrix, but she’s gonna be eating some chick, and I hate blood on my furniture. Go pick one out and drag her into a room, Atrix.”

Atrix didn’t need another invitation, and the Terskix was already heading off towards a set of Faleeshian girls, who stopped for a moment, and then began screaming when one of them was grabbed by the throat and dragged kicking and screaming towards one of the backrooms; Hyun watching for a second and snorting.

“Shows those bitches. Call my face ugly again, you little shits…”
Old Posted 09-24-2017, 05:47 PM Reply With Quote