View Single Post
Writer
Default Ready, Aim, Fruit - Join the Food Fight!   #1  
Ah, harvest season!

It's the perfect time to pick apples, dig up potatoes and rejoice over a mouth-watering feast. Friends gather together to... fight?! You squint at the invitation which brought you here. Splattered with stains, and smelling like taco sauce. Yep, that once white sheet of paper definitely has been through a few brawls already. So was all the talk of food just a red herring, and will you have to leave again with an empty belly?

A shady figure approaches you. "Shhh, come here! I've got the ammunition crates!" You walk over and see a box full of treats. For a moment you hesitate. After all your parents taught you not to play with food. But then with a splat! a black forest cake lands on your shirt. Ah well - might at least defend yourself. So you reach into the crate and grab:
  • 1 taco
  • 1 ice cream cone
  • 1 odd roll
  • 1 braided loaf
  • 1 pie

How To Play
Throw food at other users, and they will throw food back at you. Think of it as a game of Rock Paper Scissors. Except with munchies.

Each individual food can beat two other food items and loses against two others. We won't tell you what the winning combinations are, but if you pay close attention, maybe you'll be able to figure them out. If not, don't worry - there's also a prize awarded to the person who throws the most food during each round. Additional rewards will be granted as we see fit.

Use this form to post.
PHP Code:
[COLOR="DarkOrange"][SIZE="4"]I'm throwing a (food) at (user)![/SIZE][/COLOR] 
You can throw all your food items in one post, or only throw one and save the rest for later. That's completely up to you. However you have to give others time to react. Therefore you can't throw a food item at the same person twice in a row. After you've targeted at least one other user, you can splotch the first person again.

FAQ

Can I throw food at users who aren't participating in the food fight?
You sure can - but keep in mind they won't throw anything back and so you might run out of ammo.

Can I throw something that isn't part of the round's official ammunition?
Yes, but it will be treated as random chatter and you don't score any points for it.

Help - I'm out of ammo!
To avoid this, throw your foods at active players. They will throw something back at you, and so the fight can go on (and on, and on, and...). But since we enjoy watching you douse each other in overripe pulp, occasionally a staff member will post a picture of a food item. Be the first person to quote it, and one food is added to your ammo pile.

How much ammunition do I have?
At the beginning a total of five. Then your pile consists of what you haven't thrown yet, what others have thrown back at you, and the occasional fruit or vegetable you managed to quote.

Do I need to keep track how many beans (potatoes/artichokes/...) I have?
No. You can exchange your veggies at the ammo box anytime, so if you want to throw nothing but green beans, go for it!

How long is a round going to last?
Roughly two to three days. We'll announce the beginning of a new round in this thread and switch your ammunition pile to a new one (yes, that means you can't save up ammo for later rounds - so get wild and throw it while you can!)
Old Posted 11-17-2018, 04:25 PM