View Single Post
Lazy
Default   #3  
I haven't gotten a ps4 yet. I want to eventually though. I love my switch. I also think my WIIU is nice, even though everyone seems to hate it. Lol. The gamepad did break. I can't get the L trigger to respond no matter what I do. I tried buying a can of air to below dust out from under it and it still refuses to respond. Unfortunately you have to buy a whole new system. They don't just sell replacement gamepads. So, I've just been using a pro controller for now. Unfortunately my Wind Waker HD copy won't load. I have a feeling one of my kids couldn't resist the temptation of the WIIU and played it when no one was there to supervise. It's been like this for a little over a year now, so my younger kids were still small enough to need me to make sure they didn't do anything like put discs in wrong or what have you.

The Gameboy was my second and I never planned on getting it but my friends were talking about how they liked Pokemon red and blue. I was extremely curious about what they liked about it and decided to save up from my paycheck. I've been a Pokemon player since, despite being 39. I'm glad it's continued to thrive though because now I use it as a means to bond with my kids who enjoy it.

The intellivision came out the year I was born. I never had one and I completely forgot they existed until you mentioned it. I forgot about my sega game gear until recently as well. By chance, I happened to stumble upon one a few days after it popped into my head. I didn't have enough in my spare budget for it though, unfortunately.

I think that's a really interesting point, about the NES and I have to say that I agree. Games like Legend of Zelda, Mario and Metroid are all still fun for me to play. While they're not incredibly impressive these days, they're still challenging and enjoyable. I've recently downloaded Oracle Of Ages and Seasons and I find them a lot more fun than I thought I would.

Do you find older games much more difficult than current games? For example, asside from Breath Of the Wild, which didn't hesitate to one shot me several times, I find that a lot of newer Zelda games are easier, to the point where I find it almost boring. A Link Between Worlds was so easy.
Shamus / 39 yo Irish Male / In an open marriage / 11 Blood suckers Children / 1 Grandson

My late wife's birthday was Valentine's Day. Please pardon me if I seem stressed, moody or out of it. I'm an emotional train wreck right now.

Old Posted 02-18-2019, 07:50 PM Reply With Quote