View Single Post
Developer
Default   #13  
Looks like your deployment tool is buggy. None of the Mac versions actually work; they all crash on startup. Doing some digging it looks like the problem is that nwjs Framework is bogus -- it's just a file that contains the text "Versions/Current/nwjs Framework" instead of an actual library binary. If I had to take a guess, the cross-platform deployment tool doesn't work on Windows because of the difference in how symbolic links are handled. This is an issue on Scirra's side because a different directory structure would have avoided the need for it in the first place.

But on that note... Let's just say: I'm good at my job. ;) I fixed it locally by moving some files inside around to be in the places that the program actually expected.

So now to actually talk about it: Not bad for just starting to get into it! This is certainly head and shoulders above what I was accomplishing when I had been programming for that long.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 05-20-2018, 08:00 PM Reply With Quote