View Single Post
Desolation Denizen
Astra gives a strained shake of her head. "I - will be. In a moment." She bites her lip in effort not to sob. After a moment, it begins to subside to a bearable ache, and she climbs shakily to her feet with Godiva's help.

She looks to the other woman, somewhat taken aback by how worried she appears. "An old wound," Astra tells. "One careless instant and flame giant's incinerating sword cleaving me nearly in half. I would have died for sure if not for Mia." She suppresses a shudder at the memory, as little of it as she does remember. "Not even a miracle could make me truly whole, though."

As much to get herself some air as to show Godiva the extent of the injury, Astra unlaces her jacket and shrugs it off into one hand, tugging up her undershirt to display the dark scar that mars her pale flesh from navel to breast. She looks to Godiva with as much of a smile as she can muster. "So you see, it's rare I fight anyone without relying on my magic. I appreciate you giving me the chance." And then, after another moment, she adds, "I dare say you're stronger than the giant who did this to me," her smile slipping into a self-deprecating grin.

Old Posted 08-05-2018, 12:35 AM Reply With Quote