View Single Post
Developer
Default   #7  
Merskelly, you might be interested in the Pokecraft mod then. (Assuming it's still around and hasn't gotten hit with a copyright takedown...)

I've got a world I've been playing with my son. I've been doing a lot of behind-the-scenes work lately as just a way to unwind; Minecraft is great for that. We've got our base set up on an island, and it's kind of a cute house, two stories tall with a big cobblestone chimney on one side connected to a smokehouse. Upstairs is where our beds are, and we've got a couple armor stands with spare equipment on them there as well as a jukebox. Downstairs has brewing and crafting stuff.

The smokehouse contains a super-smelter -- chests and hoppers connected to a furnace so you don't have to watch it to load it and unload it, you just throw all of your cookable/smeltable stuff into the chest on top and throw your coal in the chest on the left when you come back from an adventure, and it all comes out into the chest on the bottom.

But the real fun begins when you open the trapdoor in the smokehouse and climb the ladder down into the underground complex.

Level B1: Netherwart farm
Level B2: Nether portal room
Level B3: Automatic melon and bamboo farms, bulk storage room (for stuff like cobblestone that I have way too much of), and an airlock.

There's a spiral staircase that keeps going down from here into the mines; there's a slime farm down there but it doesn't work very well because drowned spawn in the ocean outside and fill up the mob cap. :/ There's a very long tunnel that goes to a skeleton spawner XP farm and an abandoned mineshaft that's been the source of most of my diamonds so far (though I don't have very many yet).

If you go into the airlock, you can either go out into the sunken caves under the island, or you can go through a glass tunnel to the mainland, where you come up inside a polished diorite lighthouse. There's a chicken coop outside as well, and any eggs the chickens inside lay are collected and automatically hatched into a trap that lets baby chickens stand around just fine but grown-up chickens are automatically harvested for meat and feathers.

I'm working on collecting every kind of tree in a tree nursery here, but I haven't found dark oak yet. I've also got a farm that grows every kind of crop (except beetroot, I have more beetroot than I could ever do anything with) including bamboo (I had to go on an expedition to find some). There's a cow pen and a rabbit hutch as well.

Coincidentally, the nether portal connects directly to a nether fortress. I didn't plan this but it worked out great. I've got a couple roads set up there that go to portals that lead to a stronghold and a village.

The last fun thing I've got set up is a secret button inside the house -- if you stand at the foot of the stairs and press the button, the floor drops down like an elevator to deposit you inside the enchanting room. A different button down here opens up an exit door into the netherwart farm.
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 09-29-2019, 11:03 PM Reply With Quote