View Single Post
Truthwatcher
Default   #9  
It really was a fantastic graphic novel and I'd highly recommend it.

Yeah....I could do without sex in my books entirely, but it's not always avoidable. So I put up with it if it's a series I otherwise enjoy. But the Anita Blake series...was a disappointment. It started off so good! Zombie raising, crime solving, etc...and devolved into a nearly plotless sex-filled mess. I put up with it for like...15 books in the futile hope that it would come back around to a better plot. I don't think I've read any of the books since shortly after graduating high school.

Ugh. Book banning is just the absolute worst. And just chock full of political hypocrites who really are just trying to push their own racist, sexist, and anti-lgbtq+ agendas.
Let libraries do their jobs and provide resources to the community. And let parents do their job and actually monitor what their kids are reading if they're that concerned. To an extent, my parents did that with our music. Any cds with a "mature" rating label on it had to be either listened to by the parents or they had to read the lyrics before allowing us to buy them. But that was between the ages of about 12-15. Beyond that they didn't care. And they never cared what we read.
Old Posted 01-05-2022, 03:41 PM Reply With Quote