View Single Post
Barrel of Monkeys
Default   #31  
It was hard to describe what he felt for the darker-skinned girl in his head; the emotions and attempts to bring about what he thought about her into a coherent thought in his head being swirled and thrown about in a tumultuous cacophony; several orchestras being played in unison together. Christoval could only smile, and at the same be confused and memorized by the woman. Christoval's brain finally succeeded in quieting the vast ocean of loud thought, and only one word was still reverberating in his mind, and that word was 'gorgeous.' Such a simple word to try and describe the ethereal beauty she was.

"I've got bits and pieces of everything. Flitterdancing with smaller swords from the East. A few tricks the Orcish fighters know. I think I even managed to sneak in one hour of training with a arqubusier brigade before Wisp yelled at me for wandering off." Christoval said with a broad smile. Maybe his confidence was doing wonders in making Kastivi believe in his prowess. Or she was just indulging a naive younger man when it came to the prospect of going toe-to-toe with her own mentor.

Moving back up to his feet and dusting bits of straw, animal fur, and dirt off of his pants Christoval looked at Wisp and Deadwaltz in a bizarre fashion of horror and morbid curiosity. Who in the hell was this person so casually walking up to Wisp and hugging her like she was one of the larger woman's kin? And why exactly was Wisp not screeching like a wounded animal and clawing at the girl, like she had done with nearly everyone else he had witnessed trying to get physical with Wisp? Kicking his feet and pressing his hands into his back, Christoval's fruit punch colored face shot like a rubber ball between Wisp, Deadwaltz and then Kastivi. "You all make so many claims! I barely even know her...Though she's definitely already one of the best people already getting to be called friend by me." Christoval stammered, wishing to bury his head in more mugs of ale. At least he could have said his drinking was an excuse for the blush overwhelming his features.

Deadwaltz was content enough in how embarassed Christoval looked to hold back on picking on him further, her attentions now aimed towards Kastivi. The barbaric looking woman was pleasant enough in her demeanor, and she wriggled in place, before taking each end of her own fur cloak with her hands and wrapping herself into it like a cocoon. "Ah shit, Wisp. Yah got the Daughters running around with yahself? I thought yah said they was dumber than two kobolds arguing over whose dick was bigger." She bellowed, no filter or adjustment in volume with her crude language. "PFfffft! Girl, Daughter. Whatever yah name is. The moment that lad puts it in yah, you got the chance to get a kiddo." Deadwaltz boomed, hearty laughter escaping her voice, before holding up a sliver of paper. "Ah, shit! Ah guess yah lot is the group I'm traveling with as well! Ah was looking for the healer too. Ah got this itchy patch on mah left cheek of mah ass. Kidding. I just gotta make sure the bloke knows what he's doing."

Wisp took the brief moments of clarity from being swarmed by Deadwaltz, to introduce the woman as well as glare at Christoval and whip him back into the semblence of a knight, and not a younger lad whose virility and interest in Kastivi was being discussed out in the open. "Christoval. Your face is red. Stop. Also, you said you were coming back with ale." A small cough. "This is...This is Deadwaltz. If you're familiar with her, and her exploits. She's tolerable, and a welcome addition in my opinion."
"I just want to come home," said the Astronaut.
"So come home," said Ground Control.
"So come home," said the Voice from the Stars.

“And he goes around killing people?” said Mort.
He shook his head. “There’s no justice.”
Death sighed. NO, he said,... THERE'S JUST ME.
Old Posted 02-11-2018, 10:23 PM Reply With Quote