View Single Post
Weaver of Webs
“Mm, I imagine some might. I mean, with different motivations and all that. It would depend on the kind of knight you are, I guess,” Kastivi said, honestly and with a smile. The knight was as pleasant to look at as he was to talk to, and Kastivi was going savor the conversation as much as she could before returning to one of the mentors. She found herself wondering if on their journeys they'd ever have some time to themselves, like it was now. As soon as the thought struck her, however, it dawned on her that she'd never hoped that for any of the other parties they'd been paired with—Christoval immediately setting himself apart from the rest. He, like her, was just an apprentice, and yet she saw in him a kindred spirit--that type of fellowship rare--and she hoped it wouldn't be as temporary as just this mission.

“Something tells me you're doing just fine. Besides, maybe it's better to develop your own style than to abide by the rules put in place. They won't expect it. Hell, Ara might not even be able to pick it up at first if she hasn't seen it.

Kastivi had been preparing to hold out her hand to the woman to introduce herself, believing introductions were indeed in order but was stopped in her tracks with Kastivi's words, cinnamon colored cheeks turning the shade of a fresh picked tomato and for a moment just stood staring dumbly at Wisp, mouth half agape, eyes wide. She kept that same expression looking at Christoval and waited for him to deny it. He didn't.

She shut her mouth, tried to wet her mouth that had gone dry, and tried to bite back a sheepish smile. He didn't deny it! She could have been over the moon at that moment and her eyes were still shining as she tried to force an ineffective scowl and put her hands up, “I don't know that I'll have kids, ma'am. Being a Daughter is hard enough work as it is....” She, too, wouldn't deny it.
Last edited by sylvanSpider; 02-10-2018 at 06:58 AM.
Old Posted 02-09-2018, 05:22 AM Reply With Quote