View Single Post
Double Rainbow
I also realized that I forgot to mention the whole reason why I felt weird about our conversation...

In the past, he has asked me loads of questions and sent me many links regarding my background, such as asking me how I feel about BLM or my opinion on things like rap, hip hop, etc...

I talked with a friend of mine also who is a WOC,
And we both agreed that it seemed like this person I was talking to didn't see me as an equal. For him, he feels he doesn't have a culture and that anyone who dares ask his background is "stereotyping him"... whereas, he asks me often about my own background and my own opinion on race relations..???

I do have to consider the source, though..
This person, since I have known them, have shown themselves to be not very understanding in the past. For instance, he would get extremely and unhealthily angry if he texted someone and they did not text back within the hour. I kid you not, he would block them and then tell me that that person was "dead" to him.

It just felt weird to me that somehow it was okay for him to not be "stereotyped"... and yet, he asks me all the time about common "black" issues?
And NGL, there were times where I felt like he was only really talking to me to "observe" me, and not actually to talk like we're friends. I don't think he sees me as an equal, especially if he feels like culture and ethnicity doesn't affect him yet somehow feels alright to basically talk to me about my own culture and background?

I closed our DMs for now...
"My car it is my life... and like my life it carries me around."

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 07-09-2020, 01:42 PM Reply With Quote