View Single Post
Developer
So tired.

Maybe I'm just a curmudgeon that's getting a little too old, but I really don't like the holiday season.

Four "major" holidays in three months means the whole world around me getting redecorated, schedules getting repeatedly disrupted, social expectations piling on, money having to be spent... more that has to get done, but no extra time to do it in.

And then when it's all over, cleaning up and trying to recover a sense of normalcy, re-establishing routines that got disrupted, and -- social pressures ahoy! -- a compulsion to try to start a new routine during the time when routines are all out of whack already.

I haven't been able to get much of anything done today because I'm just so burned out. x.x You'd think that the vacation would be an opportunity to FIX burnout, but... no, "holiday" means the rest of the world just wants me to do something else.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 01-02-2020, 10:12 PM Reply With Quote