Thread: Hi y'all :)
View Single Post
Dragon Storm
Oh, Lawtan is a Canaanite (Ugaritic) Sea-Dragon with 7 heads, that I discovered while doing research (still doing research) on a pre-history Mediterranean Levant. He is somewhat like the Hydra, and was killed by Astarte in a battle.
He served Yamm, the Chaotic Prince-God of the Sea who was favored by El (Canaanite Creator God) to take his place as head of the gods, and who threatened to force Asherah (Canaanite Mother Goddess - like Gaia, or Mother Nature) to wed him. Ba'al Hadad challenged him, defending the "Mother of all Gods" (and his right to noble land he had tricked others into giving him), and slew Yamm.

...I picked Lawtan because:
A) 7 heads - I have many ideas/interests/projects
B) Hydra/Leviathan/Lawtan sometimes represent envy (Which I interpreted as self-hatred/frustration for being unable to do certain things and/or make certain things better...I was in a much darker state of mind about a year ago - fighting clinical depression)
C) DRAGONS!!! I CAN FLY!!! xD
D) Chaotic god stuff gives me a "character" to tease/joke around Trisphee sometimes for (hopefully) good laughs for everyone.
E) I was doing research on him and other things, anyway.

So, anything special about "jaguarlyra"?
Lawtan: A chaotic dragoness with issues.
__

��s ofer�ode, �isses sw� m�g.

__

Science, horror, folklore, and cuteness incoming!
Old Posted 07-22-2014, 06:42 PM Reply With Quote