View Single Post
Fresh meat :D
Kokoro Kuro

“We should not have played God...we should not have tempted his wrath upon our heads…” The Professor stared realizing this fact too late as the flames grew higher and higher into the sky swallowing up the facility that he gave more than thirty-two years of his life to. Not even the rain was strong enough to put out the violent flames that destroyed decades of research and study. So many experiments, all those lives, so much countless time spent; all of it becoming ashes, flying into the air to be forgotten in time. I watched as the Professors knees grew weak and continued to watch as he slowly fell to the ground. Now on his hands and knees, I stared at him as the tears fell freely from his grey eyes. So much sorrow filled my body and there was nothing I could do to ease the pain that was however, until I wrapped my small arms wrapping around his head and hugged him to my small flat chest. He froze briefly nearly forgetting that not everyone had been trapped. A few scientists had escaped and saved a few documents and notes when they escaped. Including me, who was one of his greatest accomplishments yet, and here I stood holding him in my arms. “It’s ok Professor.” Somehow these simple naïve words comforted him with what little hope I actually believed there to be. Slowly a smile crept to his blistered lips and he placed one large hand on my bare arm. “You’re right…we’ll begin anew somewhere else…my beloved Katherine.” It was at that time I had sealed his fate and my own.
32 years earlier
To smart to be drunk to sober to deal with your bullshit.
Old Posted 01-11-2011, 03:25 AM Reply With Quote