View Single Post
Icy Footed
Inktober 8th
(Late)
Juanita Alma

[I'm gonna be a day behind for now, but I suppose I'll catch up eventually..]

About this lovely lady: Juanita is a vampire living among humans on the outskirts of a town in the desert called Lago Mala. She is a barmaid working and living in Cantina Azucar, at night. During the day, she sleeps in the darkness of the cellar, surrounded by alcohol and unbothered by anyone. She has lived for over 80 years in Mexico, and has witnessed war, hardship and changing times.
She has always been lonely and has never met with another vampire like her. At night, she sometimes finds patrons drinking in the cantina who are too drunk, dangerous and too awful to be missed, and lures them away to the back of the building to feast on their blood. Though her boss, the Cantina owner does not know she does this, when he found out he was terrified of her and almost fled, if it were not for her victim being worth a bounty of $1000 dead or alive. Juanita offered to let her boss have the reward money as long as she could stay in the Cantina. He agreed, though he's more nervous around her than before.
Juanita is astute, beautiful, sweet and at times fiery. She speaks Spanish and English, and often talks with the kind and harmless customers. When one night, a group of French Buffalo skin traders came into the Cantina looking to rest and relax for the evening, Juanita immediately tried to get them to leave with a rifle. One trader managed to convince her to lay the gun down, and they would leave in peace. Juanita took a liking to him, as he seemed to be a rare soul who treated her with the most respect. His name was Fredrick, and he had long dark hair and deep earthy skin, being part Native American and part French.
She would eventually come to fall in love with him after meeting him again and again on different occasions. Fredrick, though he knows less English than Juanita, came to learn from her, and be charmed by her thoughtfulness and beauty. He gave her a necklace he made himself, with a carved feather in polished amazonite, for protection against binding forces. She had jewelry, much shinier and more intricate, but she treasures the necklace he made her more than any gold she could ever receive. Though Fredrick learns later on that she is a vampire, he doesn't seem to be dissuaded or scared, loving Juanita anyway, and returning to visit her.
Juanita is cold-blooded and immortal, nothing can kill her but a stake to the heart. Though she only gets to feed around twice a week, she can keep living for months without a single drop of blood. However, she will be much weaker. Juanita has an interest in music, though she cannot play an instrument, she can dance very well, but she keeps that fact hidden from the customers, so no one pesters her to dance for them over and over again. Juanita has a quiet and relatively gentle nature, but if word ever got out to others that she was not human but one of the undead, she would be labeled a monster and treated as such.

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Last edited by Merskelly Metalien; 10-10-2019 at 03:31 AM.
Old Posted 10-10-2019, 03:25 AM Reply With Quote