View Single Post
Best thing since cheese-in-a-can!
From what I understand, it was mostly a financial thing.

They were struggling to make ends meet, and Tea/PixelTweak had been paying for the site out of their own pockets for months. They couldn't afford the servers or paychecks for the pixelists/artists/admins/coders. People really only donated for the TYIs (Donation Items) and those had barely been coming out because they have, I believe, all of three people on their artist/pixel team at the moment who, again, they can't afford to pay.

There's also been the issue of the site not growing as a community. Their userbase has been dwindling down into oblivion for some time thanks to all the glitches the site has. I know a lot of users have also been quitting because of the lack of TYIs, which I addressed previously.

Crys also has always had the problem of the rich user/poor user divide. On Crys, you would be lucky to get 5g from a regular post. From my understanding, the only ways to make serious bank over there are selling off TYIs, drawing art, or role-playing.

The existing userbase, or at least what I've experienced of it, isn't all that welcoming either. Sure, you might get a "Hey, welcome (back) to the site!" or something like that, but no invitations to join any discussions, no pointers, pretty much nothing more than that. Then, when you try to join in on a conversation, they tend to marginalize you and ignore your very existence, pushing you aside and beating you down mentally for butting on on their conversations. One wrong word and you're nothing more than a blemish on the thread in which you've posted. It just absolutely makes me sick.

Oh, I'm sorry, did that sound a bit angry and vindictive? Wait, no, I'm not sorry. That's exactly how it was supposed to sound. There were two or three places there where I'd posted on a fairly regular basis, but then the owners of those threads went on hiatus around the same time and I'd felt very displaced. I wasn't being welcomed in any other circles, being made to feel like the redheaded stepchild. Well, this redhead has been ready to go axe crazy on them for a good long time now. Thanks to this self-destructive implementation, though, I don't have to! They're killing themselves off all on their own!

Please excuse me while I go into a fit of maniacal laughter in the corner.

Emperor of Japan*Anonymous Fiend
Nikko, Kaguya, and Toki are my siblings

Reyo has an art thread!
Click the adorable tentacle creature!
Old Posted 03-01-2013, 02:58 PM Reply With Quote