View Single Post
We're all mad here.
Thread has been updated! Yes, after much time, but here it remains and here do I.

31. At The Mountains of Madness H.P. Lovecraft

My first foray into Lovecraft (I read in part so I could find out what "Lovecraftian" actually was, instead of just assuming. Next up, "Kafkaesque.") and so far my favourite. It's a novella, narrated after the fact by an educated individual (I notice that with Lovecrafts narrators quite frequently. They are often educated, practical, and usually people considered reliable, rather than people everyone else could call insane or weird) and it's hard to say much about it without giving anything away, save that the title pretty much covers the plot: An antarctic expedition that finds it's way to an unknown mountain range.

The writing feels a little dated, which can be expected for it's age, but it holds up well. I'm currently working my way through the rest of Lovecraft's material.

I noted At the Mountains of Madness in a bookstore in University as part of The Modern Library Classics selection, a series of books that I found has some interesting titles. It's where I read "We" and "Oscar Wilde's "De Profundis."
Old Posted 10-14-2015, 01:06 AM Reply With Quote