View Single Post
Weaver of Webs
Anuli stepped aside, thankful that there weren't any customers behind her. His going to get the manager wasn't going to keep anyone but her waiting. She looked around while the cashier disappeared through a set of doors and saw that the artichoke eyed boy didn't leave yet. He lingered for some reason, but he didn't appear as though he was planning on stealing anything. Though, if he was and she caught him, she'd have a straight shot to the position. The job market wasn't exactly the greatest with all of the college kids (herself included) back in town with most of them taking up the jobs that required little to no experience.

Then she saw the crystal in his hands. It seemed he was casting a spell, and she'd seen enough to know that not all the crystals in this town were shams. Some of them worked, and this boy probably had one that worked. But what kind of spell could he have been casting? He could have been casting virtually any kind of spell, especially because she didn't know what kind of crystal he had. It could have been one aiding her, or ensuring that she didn't get the job. But, Anuli was not the type for confrontation, so she shifted her weight from leg to the other, and clearing her throat said, “Is that a crystal? What kind do you have? I got one to try it out; it's supposed to grant luck.”

[[Dearie, sorry this is so short. I figured if they were going to enter conversation it would be best to keep it short to allow for more back and forth! Also, if it's alright with you, I'm not gonna include a picture every time just because the picture I chose is so huge and it would become annoying fast. xD]]
All that is empty in the drawing should be filled in, the teacher said to us kids. First you sharpen the pencil to fill in the thin whiskers, then you use the thick crayon to fill in the wings with brown, meticulously and without letting the crayon leave the page. Six feet can be traced below the soft belly. Now, breathing is hard to detect on paper, the teacher said to me when I asked, but it is easier to feel it in real life.

Even insects breathe.

-Rawi Hage, Cockroach
Old Posted 06-21-2018, 04:43 PM Reply With Quote