View Single Post
Truthwatcher
Default   #27  
Quote:
Originally Posted by daikokunyo View Post
Yeah, and sometimes I'm suspicious of Etsy mass market decks if they say things like, they don't come with their guidebook/pamphlet or their box. Then they're probably pirated decks. I do see legit mass market decks there too, but like you said they technically don't belong on Etsy. But sometimes it's a good way for a deck that's mass market only in one part of the world to be available more worldwide, maybe, idk.

So a deck actually arrived today, but not only did I have to pay customs for it, but customs had TORN the box in two places. Like is that why I'm paying them such high customs dues? For tearing my box? And it was a signed box too. So infuriating. Now I'm worried for the rest of my decks. I've a few more on the way. Let's hope they get here safe.
Well...they could be pirated or, I think it could also be a case of someone buying a deck, only using it a few time, losing the book and/or book and reselling it a couple years later as "vintage" in the hopes of making their money back.

Awww. That really suck about that deck box! Sounds like customs is about as careful as the post office is here. I ordered some jeans and nail polish and the box had been torn open on the side and one of the polishes had fallen out. Thankfully in my case it was cheap and on clearance so I wasn't that upset.
And like...I get it, mail/delivery employees are probably massively overworked and underpaid in general, but add the increased volume of online shopping due to covid, they've probably given up caring, but it's still frustrating to pay a lot just to have what you ordered arrive damaged (if it arrives at all).
Old Posted 11-28-2020, 03:09 PM Reply With Quote