View Single Post
Desolation Denizen
Default   #37  
"You mean to send her out on reconnaissance on her own? Won't that be extremely dangerous?"

The lord looks from Dafie to Astra in genuine concern.

Clearing her throat, Astra clarifies patiently - despite having informed the man of Dafie's specialization not six hours ago - "On the contrary, my lord, Dannaphine is highly competent at such tasks, and her magics serve well in preventing detection by the enemy. Although, it does occur to me that we could use more spies. You'll be in charge of that as well as your other duties from now on, Dafie."

She has to admit, the cooks here are rather talented. For once it isn't a chore to keep up the pretense of participating in dinner. With any luck she might even put on some weight here if they ate like this every night...

"As to the fortress, though, Dafie, I'm most interested in their numbers, any defenses they have established on the walls, their general esprit de corps and the competency of any commanders, the overall caliber of their equipment, their watch and meal cycles, as well as traffic into and out of the stronghold within a span of twenty-four hours. That should be enough to keep you busy, don't you think?" She pops another chunk of spiced potato into her mouth while looking at her adjutant with eyes that are nothing but totally serious.

Old Posted 08-01-2018, 03:04 AM Reply With Quote