View Single Post
Two Fish
----- T H A G H N E E L -----

Neel was impressed by her roommate's curiosity. Though on Kanna, growing plants was just part of daily life. She wondered what sorts of plants lived on Zeke's home planet. "Yes, of course. No need to pay me, just help me keep the plants healthy, and that will do." She smiled warmly. "Certain plants can be quite finicky. Like the Jezza Root. Its really hard to tell when it's in need of water or sunlight. And when it dies, it leaves a horrible decaying smell. And there's no way to bring it back. Though the Jezza is often used in stimulant type medicine." To Neel, all plants were medicinal. Even though there was a large population of addicts on her planet, at least they were able to sustain their habits through their own gardens rather than resorting to violence and trade.

Neel was completely unaware about the laws on this planet. She didn't see any signs of authority or notices, or even the passing official. On her planet, though rural, they always felt watched. There were drones which collected information from every resident on Kanna. She was still concerned about her own database there. Here, the skies were so high above the ground, and the buildings were so tall, it seemed impossible to keep track of everyone. But there had to be someone watching them. And it must've been even more secretive than the drones on Kanna. "I know that on some planets, these mind altering substances are regulated. Is there anything I should be concerned about here? Because I don't need a prison record." She smiled. "I just want to grow these things safely and use recreationally. However, with each plant, it will yield much more than I can personally use. So if you and some friends would like your own au natural substances to abuse, I'll give you a good deal."

Her stomach purred, vibrating in her seat. She winced and hoped that Zeke wouldn't have noticed. "I actually haven't tried Earth food. I wouldn't mind giving it a shot." She was willing to try anything, and hungry enough to eat anything. She curled into another awkward smile and adjusted her things so that she was ready to jump up and out at any given moment. Neel was ready to eat!

----- M E E Q A -----

Meeqa's eyebrows furrowed, concern in her naivety. She'd never used lead and paper before. At least not to write on or draw on. She'd used seaweed paper for origami before, but she never saw it having a practical use. However a lot of ancient scripts were written on the stuff. Ink and seaweed paper wasn't used anymore in her society. While it was outdated, the few manuscripts and ancient texts that still remained were encased and preserved for new generations to observe. Meeqa was one of the many who were uninterested in the texts. However, she found a sort of beauty in calligraphy and the written word.

"Lead and paper? Hmmm..." She lowered her head, humming. She didn't want to ask what it was out of a fear of seeming unintelligent. "Well, I sure hope we have the class together! That would make it less boring." She rolled her eyes, sticking her tongue out in an endearingly strange face. Once Magali mentioned her lack of training in dance, Meeqa lit up like a lightbulb. "Oh oh! I'll teach you! Its so fun!" She smiled, every tooth bore in pure excitement. "Yeah! I've got plenty of moves that you could start with! Oh my gosh, I can show you when we get there!" She jumped up and down, giddy with anticipation.

The fast walk zones helped them reach Class Acts with no problem. They didn't have to weave in and out of other students because it was still so early. However, there were always customers at Class Acts, so the space they had here would come to an abrupt end upon reaching the exotic dance facility. There was a large rock creature who guarded the place. His name was Ivory. Ivory was far from ivory, he was almost an onyx color. He stood, arms crossed, with the neon lights glowing against his slick surface. "Ey Meeqa. You're not on the schedule are you?" His voice was rough and chattery.

"I wanted to show a friend around. She might join us girls." Meeqa flashed a bright smile. Ivory couldn't help but smile back. "A'right!" He looked Magali up and down quickly. "Always in need of more Felis ladies." He gave Magali a friendly smile. It was sometimes hard to tell what his expressions were, Meeqa relied on the lights of his eyes to tell her his emotional status. Though he was particularly good at voicing his emotions. "Yeah! She'll fit right in. Are Anniq and Rein in?"

"Uhm, I believe Anniq is full service tonight. Not sure when Rein's next day is." He shrugged, a crunching rock sound following. "Thanks!" Meeqa grinned, patting the rock man on his shoulders.

"Anytime, Meeqa." He stepped aside, letting them take the long red carpet inside the vicinity. Music quickly became overpowering. Meeqa's bulbs flashed with each beat. [/size]
Old Posted 10-04-2017, 08:43 PM Reply With Quote