View Single Post
Two Fish
---- THAGHNEEL ----

Neel was embarrassingly happy to be with someone who could hold an intelligent conversation with her. While she had met some intellectuals on her home planet, scholars and the sort, she never had these sort of conversations with them. She'd met people online who she'd ramble with off planet. But this brought a tingle to her cheeks, making her light fur fluff up a bit. "Yes, this place is quite charming." She smiled, genuinely. Neel looked down at her cup, swirling it around a bit before noticing the second packet. She wasn't entirely sure what was in it, but apparently it helped Zeke with energy. It reminded her of some of the plants back home. They had so many natural remedies. Which is part of the reason they were a farming planet.

"What is that stuff?" She asked cautiously. Her drink was sweet enough, so she couldn't imagine putting more sweetener in it. Though, to each their own. She took another swig. This time it was the perfect temperature.

Neel's roommate flipped through and frantically found a piece from the Bible. She was wide-eyed and gasping. "That is ridiculous!" She looked at him and back at the verse. "No, no need to apologize! This is right up my alley." She skimmed through the verse again and again. "The English here is archaic, yet this book remained in common knowledge all the way through the 23rd century! The language had changed so much, that it became obsolete." She shook her head, a little surprised that her new friend could even make sense of it. "To think, that's where humanity started. That is how we would think. Of other people nonetheless!" Neel was just as outraged as her coffee shop partner. However, there were still some undeveloped planets which functioned on a system much like this ancient book of myth.

"If you need someone to rant with, I can do this all day!" She chuckled. And then, he brought up the dead. Her jaw dropped. "Ohhhh, I've gotta know some of those details!" She rubbed her hands together in excitement. History was not her subject of inquiry, but it still fascinated her. "Oh, I forgot to answer your question earlier." She tapped herself on the head. "Got too excited 'bout the book. I uhh- I just really want to travel a lot. So yeah, a translator would be great. I'd like to work with the Galactic Federation and be a linguist on their ships." She blushed. It seemed like a far fetched dream. Sort of like wishing to be an astronaut in first world days.

"But anyways!" She shooed away her thoughts. "Back to dead people." She grinned cheekily.

---- MEEQA ----

She turned to the concern of her roommate. "Well, they've got programs to help you out with funding here. I could always spot you too! I'm not low on cash or anything. Can't promise to feed you every day though." She chuckled, returning her glance to the window. She was completely oblivious to the statement Magali had made about finding jobs.

The shuttle stopped in what was called the Party District. The title dragged across an electronic banner on both sides of their booth. "Poppy - Party District". Meeqa grinned. "So the Party District is great for artists and - anyone really. We've got arcades down that alley there. Right in front is a popular bar." A couple people were bantering outside of the bar. "Next to that is a club. But its been really slow since they opened a new club on the next corner. I'll point it out." She only turned her cheek 25 degrees towards Magali when she spoke.

"Oh and there's the dance venue I work at on weekends! You should come see me sometime!" She clapped her hands together. The venue clearly showed neon girls on poles, classic for exotic dance. Meeqa just thought of it as regular dance though. Its sign flashed "Class Acts and Exotic Pets". The pets were of course, the girls. It was run by a woman who double majored in business and fine arts. She made sure that her girls were safe. Meeqa just worked for some extra cash, but some made a living off of the place. Which nobody judged them for.

The shuttle stopped in front of another club. Crystal Palace. It lived up to its name. It was a high rise building with crystal walls and bumping music. Some patrons were stumbling out of the club. "This is Crystal Palace, the club I was telling you about earlier." She smiled, waiting for the shuttle to take off again. The banners now read: Poppy - Art District.

"Okay, we're almost there! Right there's the dance studio. I practice routines there. There's the art supply shop. Oh, and there's the art studio!" She pointed at an angle towards a not so far off little building. It was covered in street art and perfectly square. A sculpture of a bubble tree sat on top of it. "Right there is the museum too. So we can check that out too if you want." She smiled, the shuttle coming to a slow stop. She stood, lending a hand to Magali and sliding the privacy door open. This made a little jingle, letting the shuttle know that people were exiting.

As they stepped off, the smell of paint fumes and canvas came into breath. The smell of alcohol and sweat, not too far in the distance. "Here we are!" She spun around, arms wide in the air. The studio was just across the street. She bounced towards it backwards, prompting her new friend to follow.
Old Posted 09-12-2017, 01:38 AM Reply With Quote