View Single Post
isn't that funny
Default   #33  
there is a distinct difference between emphasizing the face area and actually giving importance to faces themselves. in your bratz comparison the faces are intentionally given near identical faces. there is no importants given to making the faces distinct from each other because you use the colours to identify the characters not the faces. they need to have a 'like' face because the one face type they share is the distinction. you are not telling one doll from another you are telling a bratz doll from a different other brand of doll and that is not unlike how it is done in reductionist art(arguably avatar art is reductionist as everything must match at least a little bit to all other parts in style and execution)

what you are arguing is a different thing from what the conversation is about. you are not looking at this as an artist but as a consumer of said art. of course since my job is drawing characters and creating characters for others to draw so i will admit i am only looking at this from the artists' side and not the consumer side
Old Posted 09-18-2019, 09:01 PM Reply With Quote