View Single Post
Weaver of Webs
Default   #21  
“Excellent!” Damon said clapping her on the back, “Always nice t'ave a lass that can put a drink away onboard!” The twin looked as he always did, and in all honesty, both of them did. They'd seen her predatory look, to be sure, but if they could coerce another into joining permanently, well, that was better for everybody now, isn't it? He chattered the entire time he led the way into the kitchen. Cook was still out and about in the town, so the booze was wide open for the taking. They'd been on rations during the entirety of the last voyage simply because of the amount that the twins seemed to go through alone.

Roek grabbed a few mugs, promptly filled them and plopped them down in front of Tennan and his brother, “Drink up, mates! T'the Cry!” He raised his mug high, his brother clinking his own mug against it echoing his sentiments.

“T'the Cry!”

“Well, well, well, what 'ave we 'ere?” a feminine voice purred from the doorway, the twins spinning around on their heels to face it.

“A'vi...” Roek whispered.

“A'vi...” Damon whispered.

“A' fuckin' vi!” A'vi exclaimed, flinging her arms open wide, “Now that we all know who the fuck I am, tell me, 'oo the fuck es this? She doesn't look like no Marco Devana!”

Damon stepped forward, as expected, putting his hands up defensively, “We've got 'im too, don't ye worry! 'E's asleep in our room! Surprisingly easy to catch, might I add...” The captain's eyes narrowed in on him, “Let's start over, shall we? A'vi, this is Tennan, knife extraordinaire, and potential recruit t'the Cry! Tennan, this is A'vi, the cap'n's daughter... She's ah...pretty hot shit 'round these parts, ye do what she says.”

A'vi's eyes stayed honed in on the brown haired one, “Knives, eh? Huh. Well, we'll see what Papa 'as to say about 'er, aye?” Sharp hawk-like eyes shifted from Damon to Tennan and back to the mouthpiece of the twins, “Where's Devana? Ye said ye 'ad 'im too?”

“Aye! Ye wanna see 'im?” Roek chimed in, A'vi's eyes aimed at him for a moment.

“Aye--” A'vi started.

“And the ayes have it!” Damon said, ushering her out the door and in the direction of their captive. Maybe seeing him would ease her anger at them bringing along a little extra pet. It meant more work for her, but she decided she'd have fun with it too. This marked the first of many new potential recruits that the captain actually seemed remotely interested in messing with herself. Usually, she just left that up to the twins, them being her own personal detectors to weakness. Their judgment was rarely wrong despite the fact that she hated their methods of coming to it. The fact that they didn't spill the beans right away as to her identity lifted some major red flags.

Granted, it wasn't exactly a lie. She was the captain's daughter. Just, things were a bit different now.

=-=-=-=-=-=

Qi's face immediately erupted into a wide smile as she clambered to her feet, half running half stumbling onto the ship. Her hopes had been answered! Gods, she couldn't have been happier!

“Thank you! Oh thank you! I'll...I'll work to pay you back, alright? But we don't have much time. The Yingya are coming...”
Old Posted 01-14-2018, 03:36 AM Reply With Quote