View Single Post
More More More Magic
Default   #47  
Hehe Lawtan

It's not that there can't be a world shattering event. I will eat that stuff up, what primarily bugs me about YA is that there is specifically a romantic sub-plot that detracts from it. It's like this (I am generalizing and simplifying of course):

There is a volcano raining down on the village. Everyone has only an hour to escape. But Lily and Jessica must come out to their parents and Molly loves Lily. Molly convinces Lily that Jessica doesn't love Lily so that Lily will hang out will Molly for 50 of the 60 minutes they have to escape. With 8 minutes left, Jessica publicly proclaims her love to Lily -- in front of her parents! ♥ This gives Lily the strength to give a rousing speech and lead the entire village out of the range of the volcano in the final 2 minutes (disregarding the 30% of people that died at various parts in the novel).

THAT is what I mean by "world shattering event but romantic events that somehow completely overshadow world shattering event." I actually enjoy reading about world shattering events and even romance in the proper contexts :)
•♪♫♥Mon♦Bon•♫♥

I make art and stuff

Old Posted 03-30-2016, 05:21 PM Reply With Quote