View Single Post
Icy Footed
/Q.Q\ Ouhhhhh, poor peach. It sounds like you had a fish-filled pet history too Espy. Although, any goldfish or feeder fish we ever had died usually within the week or a month or two. :c I had some cute pop-eyed goldfish too. Weirdly enough they both died right after I gave them names..Nugget and Coal.

We had a big fish tank with filtration system and bubbles and water purifying minerals and everything. My mom is allergic to cats and didn't want a dog or a cat for us, and so we had fish in our home. My dad kept African Chiclids (pronounced "sick-lids" for some reason) and I was only young enough to help feed them and help my dad with cleaning the tank every so often.
and the one we had from a little fry to a full grown fish was a bumblebee chiclid, but I only ever called him "Fishie". ;-; <3 He used to dig pits and change colors and be my staring contest buddy and 'emotional therapist'. Sadly, he passed away when we had to transfer the fish to a different, much smaller tank and my mom forgot to put in the filter, meaning all the fish including Fishie suffocated to death slowly. ;n; This was after my parents split up, so my dad wasn't there to save the poor old finny boy. But I gave him a proper burial and even made a gravestone for him. I was so sad..but he lived a long 4 years, outliving all of the other fish we had. 0-o and we had a lot!
Some of them fought with one another, and even killed one another. Some of them died from ick which is like chicken-pox for fish. :[ At one point one of them ate a smaller fish and spat out their bones and tail. x] And a few of them actually got along, mainly our little algae-eating catfish and our cute lil' clown loach.

It was nice having all of them just swimming around and following my finger and stuff. <:] Fishie was a good bumbleboy, and he always loved a good gazing session with me after school. <3

This is kind of what my Fishie looked like. :] His stripes could turn dark black and his yellow would turn a dark muddy brown whenever he was hungry and he got all bright when he was excited. ^-^ <3

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 02-13-2019, 04:23 AM Reply With Quote