View Single Post
Barrel of Monkeys
Default   #95  
There was a small pause in the air as Deadwaltz took the insult Percival had gave her to heart. Being outdrunk by a Midlander. It was akin to a slap in the face and pale eyes narrowed on the healer as she puffed her cheeks and frowned. Hard. "The day Ah officially get out-drunk by a Midlander without anything else in mah guts is the day Ah will drag you to the Cliffs and wed you mahself, Percy." Deadwaltz said with a sharp grunt and a roll of her shoulders. The barbarian was still offended it seemed, and the childish kick of a rock into the brush only made her seem more petulant. "And Ah ain't gonna find a proper man or lady in the cities. The city people just wanna hide in their houses. Too scared to go outside and plough a field. Plus mah clan. They don't like cities. Ah can't move all of them there."

Turning to Arabella the Barbarian gave her a dismissive wave of her hand and moved over towards the Halfling for a second, reaching out to feel the muscles on the Fire Mage's arms. "Nonsense! Ah'll have you do what Ah did as a little girl. That'll build yahself axe-arms." She said with a small, curt nod. Welcome to Deadwaltz's house of boulder lifting, it seemed. "People like Percy said Ah couldn't piledrive an ogre. Ah proved them wrong. You can do the same. And use an axe like mahself-sized."

Christoval shot a small look towards the healer and furrowed her brow slightly. There was no shame in admitting the healer was right in his ability to heal. Christoval could swallow that bit of pride towards his own conviction getting in the way of Percival. "I didn't intend to insult or offend. Both Waltz or Arabella. Arabella said it herself, she can't wield a great-axe." He mumbled, before trying to address the second comment. The one about Kastivi and himself - the young knight itching the back of his head. "I have everyone here. I trust all of you to carry me home again. I believe I can be a bit more...Slow currently. Even if its greenskins and...Whatever else is out there." Christoval said with a small, glare, watching the healer depart. What a rude, arrogant man.

Wisp wriggled in place and settled with a rather austere look on her face when it came towards Kastivi. The girl was young. Young and rather naive, judging from her line of questioning. The Dark Mage clasped her hands in front of her and ran her tongue across dry lips before looking to the Halfling, and then back towards the apprentice. "Nothing you would wish to know, or wish to learn to cast." She said sternly, before closing her eyes and then opening them slowly; black sclera replaced with her normal gaze. "The Harbingers? What they wish? All you need to do is read one of my tomes. It will enlighten you, wholly." Wisp blinked and the woman's eyes returned to normal, before she looked over towards Christoval as well at the mention of dead goblins. "Speak boy. I didn't train you in hunting and studying monsters, to not know what eats the green ones."

Christoval shrugged and rubbed a temple with his hand. It had all happened rather fast. "It was crushed. Pulverized into pulp. (Possible retcon, I don't remember) There was another one too, but that one was killed by me. Nothing was around to linger to eat it. Maybe more adventurers?" He said, trying to focus on the lines of questioning. "It was a troll. It didn't have troll-musk in the air. If it was an ogre it would have been messier. I don't know what could have done it."
"I just want to come home," said the Astronaut.
"So come home," said Ground Control.
"So come home," said the Voice from the Stars.

“And he goes around killing people?” said Mort.
He shook his head. “There’s no justice.”
Death sighed. NO, he said,... THERE'S JUST ME.
Old Posted 01-31-2019, 02:52 PM Reply With Quote