View Single Post
Barrel of Monkeys
Default   #93  
Waltz took the moment to watch Percival's work with a mix of wonder, and a concentrated brow that tried to decipher the language Percival had said. Normally she would have tried to repeat it herself, but lessons learned from traveling with the Dark Mage for a season or two had taught Deadwaltz the great value of keeping her mouth locked when it came to the forces of the arcane, both benevolent and malevolent. And once Christoval's ankle began to show the signs of true healing, the bantering between the best friends was all too there to great the party.

"Pfffft. Everytiime Ah use that pipe weed and yah lemme drink from your flasks, Ah wake up with a cramp in mah bowels, and Ah can barely breathe and run for a few hours. It keeps mahself thriving, but it sometimes doesn't help when it comes to the fighting. Which is what Ah do." Deadwaltz tried to spit back, pulling Christoval into her side and hefting him into the air so Percival could slide the boot away with ease. The poor knight. He was getting manhandled by the two, and eve his little flame he fancied hadn't gotten so much as a good grab of his soft bits. "But that's the thing! Ah wanna settle! Ah ain't gonna be this gorgeous and kill all these beasts forever! Ah'm gonna get old and grey at some point. Might as well think about planning mah retirement while Ah can still build houses, and till farms. And ride mah lovers." A small pause, and Deadwaltz looked over to the halfling, and then sneered. "Ah can show her how to use a great axe. It ain't that hard. Even for the small folk. Ah seen dwarves use them! She's...Small-dwarf sized."

Christoval snickered and looked towards Deadwaltz, a brow raised at the woman while incredulity oozed out of his mouth. "Just how daft are you, Ms. Waltz! There's no way you could have her use one of those. For once, I'm gonna have to side with the Healer." The young knight said, looking back and forth between the pair to see if his words would be taken with a hint of playfulness like he hoped, or if he was going to offend - Though it was Christoval who was to be offended, Percy's words making him turn redder than blood as he smiled and mumbled sheepishly.

"Well, uh...That's a bit fast, right?"

Wisp crossed her legs and arched her back; letting muscles tense and relax while she waved a hand around, an eye gleaming while she frowned deep enough to carve grooves into statues. "I can assure you if Resurrection of the dead was something I wished for to learn, it could be done without the normal repercussions. I would do it for the lovely Daughter and her Apprentice, if only out of the compassion in my heart, and countless times I've been forced to...Thank...her for services rendered."

The Dark Mage was about to continue on with her teasing before Percival was between the two; Wisp hiding behind her mane of black hair as she tugged it in front of her face - Nodding in agreement with the Healer and simply choosing to take off with or without the quintet at her heels. "Well, if she's learned her lesson, then I suppose we can carry on wards. I have to teach Arabella how to bring about the harbingers of Hell, tonight anyway. No sense in moping in such a filthy place like this." A small pause.

Christoval set about putting on his boots, before furrowing his brow, the reason they had been here and caught finally creeping back into his mind. "We found goblins. Already dead." He blurted out - the young knight itching his head and checking his blade. "They were running too. Scared. I think whatever is where we're going for this job is a bit bigger than just some greenskin clearing."
"I just want to come home," said the Astronaut.
"So come home," said Ground Control.
"So come home," said the Voice from the Stars.

“And he goes around killing people?” said Mort.
He shook his head. “There’s no justice.”
Death sighed. NO, he said,... THERE'S JUST ME.
Old Posted 01-03-2019, 08:42 PM Reply With Quote