View Single Post
Barrel of Monkeys
Default   #89  
Kitchen. Tavern. The two words brought up a rather devious and impish grin that led Percival instantly know that there were more tall-tales locked away in the Barbarian's mind that she could relay to everyone in the party. Each story of course was a treasure to Deadwaltz. Rare is a friend when one took the path of an adventurer, and even more desired was a friend in the same game, and still alive. For every story of embarassment she could have brought up, Deadwaltz could instantly regale someone with a story of Percy rising from the ashes of defeat like a Phoenix and bringing victory to an otherwise damning situation. Perhaps when they made camp, and if Goblins and their ilk didn't eat them she could save face with her friend by telling everyone some of the more heroic tales about Percival. Scrunching up her face as they carried along, the Barbarian mustered all the wondrous events of the past that would suit Percival's fancy and swell his already gargantuan ego. Maybe the time he simultaneously healed two people in the middle of a line battle while dodging crossbow bolts with a shield? Watching him use his toes and a free hand was a pretty impressive feat.

"Ah know mah dad at some point was gonna try and coerce yahself into marrying mahself about a year ago, Percy. Figured we'd been friends long enough. Then ah told him yah can't deal with how we live and then he called yahself a pussy and said not to marry you." Waltz said with a large snort, broad swings of her sword hewing through bushes and clearing a path for the scholar and the dark mage; Wisp smirking and shaking her head. The matrimony between those two would have been something she would have cancelled all plans for. Not because she wished the best for them. More for the Northerner party that would have followed and left everything in a 10 mile radius with a collective hangover. And perhaps because some of those men in Waltz's village would have murdered each other for Wisp to smile at them. Wisp snapped out of her train of thought and blinked a few times, a small sliver of what Percy said bringing her back into the thick of the conversation. "Things change. The Halfling lost her other half, and if I stayed on the path I was originally, you'd be forced to refer to me as Sister Wisperioux, instead of 'Wisp.' Or whatever nicknames people say behind my back."

Wisp immediately took reigns of her own accord for the moment, the Dark Mage looking at the Fire Daughter in the tree and shaking her head; Wisp's hands on her hips while she surveyed and began damage control of the hounds. None of them ripped the limbs off of their respective prey, thankfully. Less fuss and whining from the duo. Her own little knight in crippled armor was hobbled, but still being as stubborn as a mule and tangling with the beast, and Kastivi? Well, there were no words. Looking towards Arabella, the Dark Mage gave her a malicious smile. "I see you didn't teach your pupil to stick together with her compatriots. Were this real, those hounds would have ripped apart Christoval, and I'd have to deal with the guild. Yet again."

Christoval was swinging, and chop-blocking every chance he could get; a swing of his sword followed by the shield brought up to meet any sort of retaliation. Feeling the surge of warmth across his ankle, the young knight tested it, and when he didn't feel an ounce of pain put more pressure on it. He was back in the game and when the hellhound was dealt with, would give the healer his proper gratitude - thought the Knight blinked and fell onto his rear end when the roar of Deadwaltz's sword screamed between himself and then twisted mid-direction into the hellhound he was facing - the blonde woman laughing like a maniac as she cleaved the beast the long way; A plume of blackened gore spraying in a cone when the blade was finished traveling through the fiend.

"Percy! Fuck did yah see that? It normally takes two swings! Ah'm in mah prime today!"

Wisp flared her nostrils as one of her precious summons was massacred by the barbarian, and snapping her finger and waving a hand - let the still mewling and pained beast go back to slumber in the pits below; Wisp looking towards the other two and sniffling a bit as she moved over towards Arabella and sat down in the grass, plucking up a few strands and then fighting back a malicious smile. "I'll order it to be gentle if you whine and beg hard enough, Kastivi." Her taunt was clear and plain, with none of the usual snark that accompanied her voice as the Dark Mage beckoned the uninjured hound to her side - The beast compelled to obey Wisp's whimsy. Once it was close enough to the dark mage Wisp leaned in the beast's ears and whispered - a small sliver of hellish energy cascading over the hound as the beast brayed in agony - muscle and skinned flesh bulging and splitting open as several more limbs erupted from the flesh. The beast looked less like a hound, and more like a set of hound parts the Mage wished into looking like some form of arachnid, and the creature itself was not okay with such a change - Whimpers and squeals emanating from frothing, bloody dewlaps of skin.
"I just want to come home," said the Astronaut.
"So come home," said Ground Control.
"So come home," said the Voice from the Stars.

“And he goes around killing people?” said Mort.
He shook his head. “There’s no justice.”
Death sighed. NO, he said,... THERE'S JUST ME.
Old Posted 10-25-2018, 11:36 PM Reply With Quote