View Single Post
Developer
SUBJECT: Robot Ballet: A New Trend
AUTHOR: Plum, CPS Television Network
DATE: September 2, 20XX
FORMAT: Video

"Robots have been able to dance for quite a long time now. Even I can dance, a little. But tonight we take a look at a new show that's been getting rave reviews: the first robot ballet troupe! We have with us today the choreographer and premier danseur, The Top!"

"Thank you, Plum." Tonight's guest is clad in orange, black, and white, and despite having a large conical head shaped like a spinning top, he manages to affect a quite dignified appearance. "It's an honor to be recognized."

"Glad to have you here! So to get down to it, I think the first question everyone has is: Why? What gave you the idea to start the troupe, when it had never been done before?"

The Top nods thoughtfully. "I'm sure most people would just assume I had been built for the role. But no, I was actually going to be a driver for the Battle and Chase competition. I might still try my hand at that when the next season starts, but until then... The rhythm and grace of dance caught my attention. I found that between my sense of balance and the wheels on my feet, I had a natural fit in the ballet. So I went out searching for other robots who shared my passion."

"And it seems that the public is enraptured by your performance."

"Well, I'm flattered, but I'm just chasing my dreams. I dance because I love it."

"Such an inspirational message. What do you think of the imitators trying to cash in on the trend?"

"To them I say, please continue! Dance isn't a competition to see who is best. It's an art form, a way to be expressive and share beauty with the world. And don't think that dance requires you to be a graceful ballet danseur. All it takes is rhythm! There's plenty of room for other interpretations. If you want to dance, use the way you move, whether it's spinning in circles or punching and kicking. There's no wrong way!"

Plum seems a little surprised. "That's such a great sentiment! I love it." She turns her attention back to the audience through the camera. "The Top's troupe performs again tomorrow night at 8 o'clock PM. Tickets haven't sold out yet, so get yours before they do!"
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 02-01-2018, 12:03 PM Reply With Quote