View Single Post
Developer
SUBJECT: Re: Wily's Power
AUTHOR: Thomas X. Light
DATE: July 4, 20XX
FORMAT: Plain Text

Rock,

I understand your concern about what Dr. Wily said to you before your fight. I want to reassure you: it's not entirely true.

It's true that you don't know you have it, but I did know about it. I had noticed the energy signature in the scan I took before the Mega Man upgrade procedure, and I observed it growing stronger during your most difficult fights last year.

I'm sure that Dr. Wily has done far more research on it than I have, but I studied it long enough to identify its source and some of its properties. What I found was intriguing, but it was also very risky. I was afraid to tell you about it. I didn't want you coming to rely on an untested energy source and risk having it fail at a critical moment, and more significantly I didn't want you to experiment with it in a way that could interfere with your judgment.

I say that because that is a very real concern with this energy. I'm intentionally being vague about it, because by its very nature it distorts personality traits. I wouldn't want what happened to Crash Man to happen to you.

Please try to have faith in this old man. I know this is frustrating. I know you feel left out. I know you're confused about so many things. Believe me when I say I'm trying to do what's right.

That said, it appears that I must resume research into this energy if Dr. Wily intends to employ it the way he has. Perhaps we can find a way to combat it. Maybe I can find a more stable way of interfacing with it, something I can build for you that you can use safely.

I have bright hope for the future.

Love,
Dr. Light
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 01-26-2018, 11:11 PM Reply With Quote