View Single Post
Developer
SUBJECT: Leaked Robot Master fight video!
AUTHOR: +einsteinclaus
DATE: July 9, 20XX
FORMAT: Video + comments

This appears to be a user-uploaded video from a video sharing website. The video quality is poor, but it consists of spliced together excerpts from Mega Man's fights with the Robot Masters. It starts with a black screen and fades in:

Air Man flings his arms open wide, gesturing out to the world around them. "Because it's the only place I have to call my own! Thanks to you, Robot Masters aren't welcome among humans! Never mind the fact that YOU'RE as much of a Robot Master as the nine you've destroyed so far -- built by the same scientists using the same design!"

The video fades to black and back in on a different scene:

Wood Man narrows his eyes at the interloper. "Are you going to fight me? Are you going to destroy these trees? Each one of them is decades old, but those Metal Blades of yours could fell any of them in seconds. So tell me, hero, what does it mean to save the world?"

"And what are those?" Mega Man points accusingly at the machines on the trees. "Aren't you destroying the trees as well?"

"Destroying them? I'm reinforcing them! These trees would never survive the future of war ahead of them without help."

"There doesn't have to be a future of war! I want peace!"

"I want peace too, but that can never happen with a war machine like you destroying anyone that opposes you!"

Another scene change:

Quick Man's extremely lightweight armor is looking visibly worse for wear. "This isn't what I wanted!" Quick Man laments. "You took what I wanted from me!"

And finally, a clip from a CPS news broadcast instead of battle footage:

"The mechanical wreckage and the fuel and lubricant leaks are going to take a long time to clean up satisfactorily. Environmental groups have criticized Light Labs for negligence, claiming that Mega Man voluntarily entered into underwater combat instead of looking for more environmentally friendly alternatives."

The video fades out, replaced with white text on a blue background:

IS MEGA MAN REALLY THE HERO?

The video ends, but part of the comment thread is attached to the archive.

+einsteinclaus: I can't say where I got these videos, but they really make me wonder if Mega Man is really as good as the news says he is. Can we really trust him?

+rockonmegaman: These are edited to make Mega Man look bad!

+r0botfan: I can't believe the conspiracy theory that Mega Man is actually the bad guy. Wily's done way too much damage. But it does make you think... Maybe there's still a good point here.

+hairstyle: I live in Monsteropolis. I saw Air Man's construction project. Everyone was scared, but nothing bad ever happened because of it. I'd be mad too if someone broke into my house and tried to kill me.

+hairstyle: And I've heard that none of the Robot Master attacks resulted in any humans getting hurt, too! So why DID they send Mega Man?

+rockonmegaman: What if they DIDN'T send Mega Man? You don't know if things would have gotten worse if he hadn't gotten involved!

+marblezzz: holy crap it all makes sense! lightlabs has a military contract! they profit from selling weapons!! they want to keep the fight going so they can make more money

+r0botfan: ... I don't like the sound of that. That's... worryingly plausible. Even if Mega Man is on our side, it's still in his best interest to go out and find reasons to fight more.

+rockonmegaman: What's with you people! Wily tried to take over the world last year, and you want to make it out like he's a victim! And he broke out of jail too! He's a criminal!

+einsteinclaus: He was never arrested so you can't say he broke out of jail. If you knew a killer robot was coming to get you, wouldn't you want a decoy too?

+marblezzz: einsteinclaws is right its too much to be a coincidence. mega man needs to be arrested so they can investigate

+r0botfan: I can definitely get behind the idea of an investigation, although it's probably best if Mega Man stays free while it happens. Maybe put a tracker on him or something. Knowing Wily, he'd probably pull something as soon as he found out Mega Man wasn't able to stop him.

+masterthis: I'm surprised nobody's talking about how these Robot Masters are acting. The ones from last year never talked like this.

+r0botfan: I noticed that. That's why I said there might be a good point here. There are robots everywhere nowadays. Maybe we need to start thinking more about them.

+einsteinclaus: Ya, that's my point too! Mega Man blew up all those robots! No warrant, no arrest, just walked in there and shot them. The world's not safe like that!

+rockonmegaman: Mega Man talks like that too! He always has!
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 01-15-2018, 11:16 PM Reply With Quote